ADVERTISEMENT

The REAL Disney political battle

He took away nothing as he has not signed that yet. My guess the Governor and Disney will strike a deal.
Figure that will happen. If done right the only change should be accounting. But who knows if all the parties will be able to resist the opportunity for a political grand stand. Don't underestimate Orange County in all of this. I get the feeling the State Republican plan had been written a long time ago and they had thought this through.

Kind of ironic Republicans are now advocating corporations pay their fair share of taxes when Dems have been saying that for years. Why now?

Lol...lol
Lol...lol

Kind of ironic Republicans are now advocating corporations pay their fair share of taxes when Dems have been saying that for years. Why now?

Lol...lol
Lol...lol
And yet most of those companies are run by liberals or support liberal causes. Hmmm.

Reactions: grbcane
Disney had the temerity, the gall and the stupidity to have their woke executive’s from California declare that they would try and thwart the will of the Florida people and lobby for the repeal of the legislation. On top of that they threatened hostile litigation against the state . Swore that they would support leftest ( democrat) groups financially to change and challenge the law .
They all but declared political and financial war against the proponents of the legislation.
Their actions supported the false narrative and false description of what the law did

What were they thinking? They deserve every bad thing that the state , DeSantis and the Republicans can throw at them.
And their lesbo diversity and inclusion VP is a disgrace

Reactions: central17
Absolute patriots ..!!!
El,

Glad to know that you continue to live in your Proud Boy world. How is it on the fringe?

DD, I agree with you sometimes. Not here. Disney has 80,000+ employees in Florida. DeSantis and you just kicked them in the teeth.

Figure that will happen. If done right the only change should be accounting. But who knows if all the parties will be able to resist the opportunity for a political grand stand. Don't underestimate Orange County in all of this. I get the feeling the State Republican plan had been written a long time ago and they had thought this through.
He ended up signing the Bill so I was wrong. I do think there will be a "sit down" at some point. I don't think the current CEO will be at the meeting because I think he will be discarded.

Disney had the temerity, the gall and the stupidity to have their woke executive’s from California declare that they would try and thwart the will of the Florida people and lobby for the repeal of the legislation. On top of that they threatened hostile litigation against the state . Swore that they would support leftest ( democrat) groups financially to change and challenge the law .
They all but declared political and financial war against the proponents of the legislation.
Their actions supported the false narrative and false description of what the law did

What were they thinking? They deserve every bad thing that the state , DeSantis and the Republicans can throw at them.
And their lesbo diversity and inclusion VP is a disgrace
They don't deserve everything bad. That's harsh. They have a CEO right now and upper Mgt. that messed up big time. I am with you this was a terrible terrible handling of a political matter unrelated to their business. The consequences of going after the duly elected representatives and Governor were NOT the way to handle this, caving in to their employees. Bob Igar would have handled this more diplomatically but this new CEO did not.

Yes they messed up. Best for everyone to patch this up and move on.

El,

Glad to know that you continue to live in your Proud Boy world. How is it on the fringe?

DD, I agree with you sometimes. Not here. Disney has 80,000+ employees in Florida. DeSantis and you just kicked them in the teeth.
cortez what did u think would happen? Serious question.
Isn't your Party the team "pay your fair share?" Isn't that the Dems motto towards corporations?
I'm not happy about any of this as Disney is 1 of my largest holdings and the first stock I ever bought back in 88-89. Shareholder litigation is coming as the stock has been cut in half.
Yet another example of acting EMOTIONALLY vs STRATEGICALLY.

Reactions: central17
El,

Cortez,

I would submit that Disney kicked 79,800+ employees in the teeth by going off the rails to make a major policy action in support a small fringe minority of very vocal and organized leftist activist employees that were backed and funded by the usual suspects.

Disney employees would be far better off with their senior management focused on creating brand and stock value, not the woke cause du jour. And how exactly does Disney management pissing off over half of Florida's population help anything. BTW, maybe California media would not allow this truth to be spoken, but MOST Florida based Disney employees did not suport the grandstanding or its underlying message.

Last edited:
HJ et al

I agree completely that the current Disney CEO mishandled this. He hesitated, alienating his employees, then was heavy handed. He has done this before in his early tenure. Not nearly adroit as his predecessor, Bob Eiger. LA press reports that Eiger and the new CEO do not speak and are very unhappy with each other.

‘That said, I strongly believe that DeSantis is grandstanding (“woke California executives”) and improperly using state policy to punish a company he doesn’t agree with. Very bad precedent. Companies have rights of free speech. It’s for their shareholders and employees to govern and advise management. It’s not the governor’s business.

Unlike traditional Conservatives, DeSantis likes to overextend his authority and sponsor state interference with commerce. What happened to the minimal government ideology of Ronald Reagan?

Reactions: hawaiian cane
HJ et al

I agree completely that the current Disney CEO mishandled this. He hesitated, alienating his employees, then was heavy handed. He has done this before in his early tenure. Not nearly adroit as his predecessor, Bob Eiger. LA press reports that Eiger and the new CEO do not speak and are very unhappy with each other.

‘That said, I strongly believe that DeSantis is grandstanding (“woke California executives”) and improperly using state policy to punish a company he doesn’t agree with. Very bad precedent. Companies have rights of free speech. It’s for their shareholders and employees to govern and advise management. It’s not the governor’s business.

Unlike traditional Conservatives, DeSantis likes to overextend his authority and sponsor state interference with commerce. What happened to the minimal government ideology of Ronald Reagan?
Lets examine this a bit further.
When Walt Disney was considering Florida he first wanted Miami. (google it I lived it) near Tamiami Trail. The fact that the Orlando area was largely unbuilt, centralized location to larger airports south, north, west of it, and the ability to acquire vast amounts of raw land and he chose the Orlando, Kissimmee area. Miami was just not going to be able to handle the influx of so many people. He needed help lots of financial help to build his dream. One could argue the taxpayers of Florida built Disney World. That was in the early 1960's. Certainly we all agree the State of Florida has made a fortune on that very smart investment without any doubt.

But that was over 60 years ago. The thank you should not be what Chapek did. He had choices on the HOW to voice his displeasure of this Bill. He could have done so quietly and privatly but his employee base already can't stand him.

They don't deserve everything bad. That's harsh. They have a CEO right now and upper Mgt. that messed up big time. I am with you this was a terrible terrible handling of a political matter unrelated to their business. The consequences of going after the duly elected representatives and Governor were NOT the way to handle this, caving in to their employees. Bob Igar would have handled this more diplomatically but this new CEO did not.

Yes they messed up. Best for everyone to patch this up and move on.
As I noted , back in the Stone Age , I was a government affairs professional in a NY Stock exchange public company
I had to dealt with the left and right . The PAC I ran supported both sides , even though the left hated our business overall , but some liked our company
One thing we avoided was directly and personally attacking either side. If we supported an opponent we were upfront , and finessed any disagreement.
What Disney did was a personal attack in Republicans
There is no sugar coating this .
They publicly stated that they would support groups that would repeal the legislation. That means ( to a seasoned professional) that they would fund political opponents. They also threatened litigation. As a guy who also wore the head legal hat , litigation is not friendly, it’s non violent war . And expensive
Added to this cluster is the underlying belief by many , including me , that this is all a part of a social movement to normalize really , really deviant behavior, particularly as it relates to young kids . It is not normal for 5 year olds to be taught about gender fluidity. It’s not normal that any kid be advised that it’s ok to chose your gender . It’s not ok for folks with purple hair to tell a 1st grader to call me “ they “
What Disney did was out of bounds on a political level , but more importantly they took a stand that advocated policy that many view as abhorrent.
If Disney just would have stated their disagreement and pledged to work with and discuss with the Republican majority, none of this would happened. But they are beholden to a small minority of wackos who know no compromise.
So no it’s not harsh at all
And Disney can’t just pick up their trillion $ investment and move to Colorado
They chose Florida. They need to abide by the majority rule .

El,

And u agree that teaching babies about sex is correct .. R u kidding me at that age they are still figuring why they wake up with a hard on .. You and ur party have ur priorities Fucck Up…
And by the way Fucck those sick 80,000 that don’t agree with DeSantis there are hundred of thousands parents who Do…

Reactions: genghiscane
Poor, poor Disney. I think I’ll have a cry over it.

These guy have been ****ing tourists for years with tax breaks when dems have been saying all along that THESE ARE THE GUYS THAT SHOULD BE PAYING THE MOST TAX! These guys charge an arm and a leg AND THEN have a bunch of fees on top of that. If you want a laugh, watch the jim gaffigan youtube bit, it’s funny as hell but really spot on.

jim gaffigan, “i always wondered why dad was in such a bad mood every time we went to disney. Now, i get it, now that I have kids. There’s so much pressure to have a good a time when you’r waiting in lines in the 90 degree heat just to wait in more lines. It truly is a magical place in that you walk your ass off all day long and still gain wait. Kids! You better have a good time because it was this or college, lol”.

You’re paying a shit ton of money to wait in line for thirty mins, just to wait in another line, spend a shit ton of money to eat mac and cheese dumped out of a bucket at a table that’s dirty as hell in the hot sun. I seriously feel bad for dad tourists. If there’s one park that should sell alc too it’s magic kingdom and for the most part they don’t. This is one place on earth that if you ever needed a beer or cocktail to take the edge off of all the people around you, you’re whining kids in the hot sun or rain waiting for ever, this is it. Mickey is a sick **** if you ask me lol.

cheaply made Chinese shit like bubble wands that they charge $30 something for that break only for your kids to freak out because they see all the other kids with them. An eight dollar lolly pop that get’s all over everything that they had to have only to take one lick off of and then not want anymore. They own us! We all have to go through this but I don’t have to like it and could give to shits if they lose their tax breaks that they don’t deserve.

do they provide a lot of jobs, absolutely but they’re also steeling a lot of employees from small businesses because they do get insane tax breaks that allow them to do things that small businesses can’t compete with.

in vegas you know the house always wins but at least there’s at least a chance that you can win your money back and have a good time trying in ac with better restaurants. At disney, it’s tough as a parent and you put up with it because they have you brainwashed into thinking that if you can’t bring your kids “to the greatest place on earth” you’re not doing your job as a parent. Your “poor” because you can’t afford to be ripped off and wait in lines all day in the hot ass sun and rain. All for the occasional carnival ride that you could have done in any city in the country.

Last edited:

These guy have been ****ing tourists for years with tax breaks when dems have been saying all along that THESE ARE THE GUYS THAT SHOULD BE PAYING THE MOST TAX! These guys charge an arm and a leg AND THEN have a bunch of fees on top of that. If you want a laugh, watch the jim gaffigan youtube bit, it’s funny as hell but really spot on.

jim gaffigan, “i always wondered why dad was in such a bad mood every time we went to disney. Now, i get it, now that I have kids. There’s so much pressure to have a good a time when you’r waiting in lines in the 90 degree heat just to wait in more lines. It truly is a magical place in that you walk your ass off all day long and still gain wait. Kids! You better have a good time because it was this or college, lol”.

You’re paying a shit ton of money to wait in line for thirty mins, just to wait in another line, spend a shit ton of money to eat mac and cheese dumped out of a bucket at a table that’s dirty as hell in the hot sun. I seriously feel bad for dad tourists. If there’s one park that should sell alc too it’s magic kingdom and for the most part they don’t. This is one place on earth that if you ever needed a beer or cocktail to take the edge off of all the people around you, you’re whining kids in the hot sun or rain waiting for ever, this is it. Mickey is a sick **** if you ask me lol.

cheaply made Chinese shit like bubble wands that they charge $30 something for that break only for your kids to freak out because they see all the other kids with them. An eight dollar lolly pop that get’s all over everything that they had to have only to take one lick off of and then not want anymore. They own us! We all have to go through this but I don’t have to like it and could give to shits if they lose their tax breaks that they don’t deserve.

do they provide a lot of jobs, absolutely but they’re also steeling a lot of employees from small businesses because they do get insane tax breaks that allow them to do things that small businesses can’t compete with.

in vegas you know the house always wins but at least there’s at least a chance that you can win your money back and have a good time trying in ac with better restaurants. At disney, it’s tough as a parent and you put up with it because they have you brainwashed into thinking that if you can’t bring your kids “to the greatest place on earth” you’re not doing your job as a parent. Your “poor” because you can’t afford to be ripped off and wait in lines all day in the hot ass sun and rain. All for the occasional carnival ride that you could have done in any city in the country.

Still like you bro. But that was exhausting. I need to take a breath.

Take a tasting from your wonderful wine collection. Time to relax.

Let‘s go Canes!

Still like you bro. But that was exhausting. I need to take a breath.

Take a tasting from your wonderful wine collection. Time to relax.

Let‘s go Canes!
I already did. How else do you think I could have conjured up my long ass diatribe ? Didn’t think I knew that word did you? Clearly you haven’t been to magic kingdom with the kids in a while. Watch jim gafigans bit on disney, you’ll get a laugh. I live in central fl and have a 5 and 2 year old so I’m pretty much an authority on disney. It’s tough. You gotta be a mans man to get through disney multiple times a year. We’re talking clark grizzwald i just want everyone to be happy experience. We’re talking father of the year. Brutal. Pretty sure magic kingdom is hotter or colder or more rainyer than any place on earth. The weather is never good there.

i think the people that run disney world just might be sadistic’s that get a laugh out of changing all their roads every other month to watch us get lost and all get road rage on the way to the parks as we cut each other off.

i don’t care how many times you go, you will never find your way back the same way as the last time. The property is gigantic, how the hell can there be so many dead ends? I think they might do it on purpose. I’m telling you mickey is a sick sadist ****.

Last edited:
I already did. How else do you think I could have conjured up my long ass reply? Clearly you haven’t been to magic kingdom with the kids in a while. Watch jim gafigans bit on disney, you’ll get a laugh. I live in central fl and have a 5 and 2 year old so I’m pretty much an authority on disney. It’s tough. You gotta be a mans man to get through disney multiple times a year. We’re talking clark grizzwald i just want everyone to be happy experience. We’re talking father of the year. Brutal. Pretty sure magic kingdom is hotter or colder or more rainyer than any place on earth. The weather is never good there.

i think the people that run disney world just might be sadistic’s that get a laugh out of changing all their roads every other month to watch us get lost and all get road rage on the way to the parks as we cut each other off.

i don’t care how many times you go, you will never find your way back the same way as the last time. The property is gigantic, how the hell can there be so many dead ends? I think they might do it on purpose. I’m telling you mickey is a sick sadist ****.
Disney's special district pays its own services, so removing this status means FL residents will see a higher tax bill. The District also has $1B in debt, which the state would be on the hook for. Florida is willing to go broke to try to own the Libs. Disney collects taxes and pays it to the appropriate counties. It employs over 80,000 people. In addition to CRT, elimination of math texbooks as well as history text books, stacking the deck against LGBTQ, etc., this isnt democracy. Its an autocracy. Punishing parents for having kids that are LGBTQ. Denying children the right to have knowledge on America's past. If not autocracy, American Fascism. Also Disney owns Hotels whose guests patronize vacation areas and Disney cruise lines regularly takes people to and from Port Canaveral and Miami.

As I noted , back in the Stone Age , I was a government affairs professional in a NY Stock exchange public company
I had to dealt with the left and right . The PAC I ran supported both sides , even though the left hated our business overall , but some liked our company
One thing we avoided was directly and personally attacking either side. If we supported an opponent we were upfront , and finessed any disagreement.
What Disney did was a personal attack in Republicans
There is no sugar coating this .
They publicly stated that they would support groups that would repeal the legislation. That means ( to a seasoned professional) that they would fund political opponents. They also threatened litigation. As a guy who also wore the head legal hat , litigation is not friendly, it’s non violent war . And expensive
Added to this cluster is the underlying belief by many , including me , that this is all a part of a social movement to normalize really , really deviant behavior, particularly as it relates to young kids . It is not normal for 5 year olds to be taught about gender fluidity. It’s not normal that any kid be advised that it’s ok to chose your gender . It’s not ok for folks with purple hair to tell a 1st grader to call me “ they “
What Disney did was out of bounds on a political level , but more importantly they took a stand that advocated policy that many view as abhorrent.
If Disney just would have stated their disagreement and pledged to work with and discuss with the Republican majority, none of this would happened. But they are beholden to a small minority of wackos who know no compromise.
So no it’s not harsh at all
And Disney can’t just pick up their trillion $ investment and move to Colorado
They chose Florida. They need to abide by the majority rule .
2 points to your post I think are worth noting.
1) There is a lost sense in this Country about Election victories and READING the voters following an election.
For instance one would think by their actions that Biden and the Left has some sort of wide sweeping mandate following the 2020 elections but it just isn't true. Yes he supposedly got 81 million votes but Trump supposedly got 75 million a record if I recall. In the House a very slim margin and a 50-50 Senate. So there is no real mandate there a Governing should be reflective of that. In Florida it is ALL Republican. So the types of attacks levied by Disney were just not smart.
2) Disney caved to the smallest but most vocal % of America and it's employees. Again, he could have sought a more private setting, could have Lawyered up or sought a PR firm to carefully weigh his words but he went on a full boar attack against the Bill, the falsehoods of the Bill, and Representatives personally.

Most egregious is that Disney is a company dedicated to family, children, wholesome entertainment for all. They HAD TO KNOW that a fight on this Bill would signal an ACCEPTANCE for these issues to be discussed to the youngest of our children.

HJ et al

I have 3 sons. We took them to Disney and other theme parks in Orlando a lot when they were little.
One year I made the HUGE mistake of going over Memorial Day Weekend. It was ROASTING out, packed, and when I got home I literally sat my kids down on the couch and told them unless it is November - March we will NEVER go again.
Everytime we went we would leave the park around 2:00 go swimming at the hotel pool, nap, then go back around 7:00 for the evening session.
It is the MOST tiring trips my wife and I ever took our kids on. Parents are exhausted after a few days in Disney.

I already did. How else do you think I could have conjured up my long ass diatribe ? Didn’t think I knew that word did you? Clearly you haven’t been to magic kingdom with the kids in a while. Watch jim gafigans bit on disney, you’ll get a laugh. I live in central fl and have a 5 and 2 year old so I’m pretty much an authority on disney. It’s tough. You gotta be a mans man to get through disney multiple times a year. We’re talking clark grizzwald i just want everyone to be happy experience. We’re talking father of the year. Brutal. Pretty sure magic kingdom is hotter or colder or more rainyer than any place on earth. The weather is never good there.

Family of 4 $1000 per day.

DeSantis is violating Disney's Free Speech Rights.
By taking away special tax status? Hmmm I thought…. You folks liked it when corporations pay their fair share. But now that’s not a big deal? And he didn’t limit sh t. They can talk all they want. But by holding them to the same standards the state holds everybody else to? Well that’s not limiting sh t.

What the state govt did is retaliatory because Disney challenged the Gov mandate "DON'T SAY GAY legislation. FL legislators revoked Disney's tax exempt status. Amazing how FL govt loves to be embroiled in culture wars.
Once again you lie.. just like a pineapple

You ain’t a lib if you ain’t lyin. Even the “Don’t say Gay Bill” is a lie. The only way the libs know
Many Americans know repubs lie. Repubs know they lie But they feel , believe if they say it often enough people will believe their lies. Its obvious DeSantis uses the same tactics as DJT. Keep throwing different scenarios, that way no one will be able to focus on even one of them.

You ain’t a lib if you ain’t lyin. Even the “Don’t say Gay Bill” is a lie. The only way the libs know
The media and the democrats continue to use the false description “ don’t say gay “
It’s obvious misinformation being peddled. The more they say it , the more the lie spreads.
It’s particularly loathsome when sprouted by mainstream media types who are participating in this propaganda campaign
The thrust of the Disney saga is based on that company’s wholehearted endorsement of the propaganda. They ignored what the actual bill said , but rather adopted the radical leanings of Mayor Pete’s wife.

The insane left democrat party has fallen so far out of the norm.

The people have woken up, but their not woke.

A bloodbath is coming this fall.

Lol...lol
Lol...lol
Kind of funny Libs are against boycotting since they moved the All Star Game from Atlanta and shut out North Carolina because of political backlash. Imagine how evil someone must be to not want their girls to be in a situation where she gets raped. And imagine a boy doing once and snuck off to another school where he did it again.
You libs have no souls.
And I know of no one that believes corporations shouldn’t pay their fair share. Not sure where you made that up at.
However. Lefty Bezos tried to get a tax break (I believe he didn’t want to pay any) at the nyc facility. Imagine that. The second most richest man doesn’t want to pay taxes.

2 points to your post I think are worth noting.
1) There is a lost sense in this Country about Election victories and READING the voters following an election.
For instance one would think by their actions that Biden and the Left has some sort of wide sweeping mandate following the 2020 elections but it just isn't true. Yes he supposedly got 81 million votes but Trump supposedly got 75 million a record if I recall. In the House a very slim margin and a 50-50 Senate. So there is no real mandate there a Governing should be reflective of that. In Florida it is ALL Republican. So the types of attacks levied by Disney were just not smart.
2) Disney caved to the smallest but most vocal % of America and it's employees. Again, he could have sought a more private setting, could have Lawyered up or sought a PR firm to carefully weigh his words but he went on a full boar attack against the Bill, the falsehoods of the Bill, and Representatives personally.

Most egregious is that Disney is a company dedicated to family, children, wholesome entertainment for all. They HAD TO KNOW that a fight on this Bill would signal an ACCEPTANCE for these issues to be discussed to the youngest of our children.
I think equally offensive was their claim of “Don’t Say Gay” when it didn’t say anything about gays. You know your position is like Herpes when you gotta keep hiding the truth just to stay in the debate.

Many Americans know repubs lie. Repubs know they lie But they feel , believe if they say it often enough people will believe their lies. Its obvious DeSantis uses the same tactics as DJT. Keep throwing different scenarios, that way no one will be able to focus on even one of them.
Joetard doesn’t know what truth is. I can’t believe you sycophants licking his ————( fill in the blank) don’t see that or the dementia this guy has. He can’t string more than two words without constructing a non sequitur. It’s both painful and embarrassing watching this hapless POS talk. Can’t even read off the teleprompter.
He tells lies that he’s told before and was corrected on.
And y’all act like he don’t lie. Someday you’re gonna recognize him having the lowest approval rating in history after one year isn’t an accident. And surely isn’t because the medias against him like they attacked Trump. What aren’t you seeing that 70% +- of the people see? Your crowd grows smaller each day.

Kind of funny Libs are against boycotting since they moved the All Star Game from Atlanta and shut out North Carolina because of political backlash. Imagine how evil someone must be to not want their girls to be in a situation where she gets raped. And imagine a boy doing once and snuck off to another school where he did it again.
You libs have no souls.
And I know of no one that believes corporations shouldn’t pay their fair share. Not sure where you made that up at.
However. Lefty Bezos tried to get a tax break (I believe he didn’t want to pay any) at the nyc facility. Imagine that. The second most richest man doesn’t want to pay taxes.
Trump and his Republican friends gave big business a fat tax break which we are still feeling the effects of.

Joetard doesn’t know what truth is. I can’t believe you sycophants licking his ————( fill in the blank) don’t see that or the dementia this guy has. He can’t string more than two words without constructing a non sequitur. It’s both painful and embarrassing watching this hapless POS talk. Can’t even read off the teleprompter.
He tells lies that he’s told before and was corrected on.
And y’all act like he don’t lie. Someday you’re gonna recognize him having the lowest approval rating in history after one year isn’t an accident. And surely isn’t because the medias against him like they attacked Trump. What aren’t you seeing that 70% +- of the people see? Your crowd grows smaller each day.
Disney's contractual obligation to bond holders expire in 2029. The new law on RCID takes effect June 01, 2023. You can bet FL state representatives, those on the right will quietly and discreetly rescind their ultimatum on Disney. Those that are retirement age and those that are nearing it, could and probably will announce their retirement and ride off into the sunset. so the number of repub legislators will grow smaller.
They will not make an announcement on repealing their ridiculous ultimatum because Im sure they want to save face.

Disney's contractual obligation to bond holders expire in 2029. The new law on RCID takes effect June 01, 2023. You can bet FL state representatives, those on the right will quietly and discreetly rescind their ultimatum on Disney. Those that are retirement age and those that are nearing it, could and probably will announce their retirement and ride off into the sunset. so the number of repub legislators will grow smaller.
They will not make an announcement on repealing their ridiculous ultimatum because Im sure they want to save face.
These Republicans have gerrymandered district lines to a point Dems don't stand a chance to control the legislature. Total thievery!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT