ADVERTISEMENT

Trump's Latest Racist Comment

GTFOHWTBS, There you go twisting shit to fit you're own narrative. He didn't say Haiti was a shithole. He reportedly said "Why do we want all these people from shithole countries (plural) coming here?" But I guess it's easy for you to emphasis Haiti because it is a poverty stricken country and by crude definition a shithole.
Norm he didn’t call out Haitians!! He called these countries shitholes!! Which nobody here has defended and said they aren’t!! They are all shitholes!!

Cush, call me crazy. However why are Liberals against a “merit based” system?? Are the left afraid these people will have jobs and vote Republican??

That's a separate discussion. I happen to believe there are benefits to merit based. That's however different than Trump talking like a mildly racist Archie Bunker impersonator at the end of a bar, who no one else talks to because of his archaic views about race.

Yeah Cush but it should be a reasonable expectation for the person occupying the White House to behave presidential at all times because suffice it to say, shit like that is gonna get out. I know he's human just like the rest of us but this shit is ridiculous.
JFK was parading whores through the white house on a daily basis. Obama welcomed a known felon and tax evader Al Sharpton into the white house. There are examples of unpresidential actions by all of the former presidents. Remember Bill Clinton and what he liked to do with cigars? Its all about what is reported and how it is reported. Who knows what Obama said in closed door meetings. He may have been the worst...who knows because it was kept behind closed doors the way it should be.

Reactions: PalmaBoy
JFK was parading whores through the white house on a daily basis. Obama welcomed a known felon and tax evader Al Sharpton into the white house. There are examples of unpresidential actions by all of the former presidents. Remember Bill Clinton and what he liked to do with cigars? Its all about what is reported and how it is reported. Who knows what Obama said in closed door meetings. He may have been the worst...who knows because it was kept behind closed doors the way it should be.
Hence my comment that they're also human.

That's a separate discussion. I happen to believe there are benefits to merit based. That's however different than Trump talking like a mildly racist Archie Bunker impersonator at the end of a bar, who no one else talks to because of his archaic views about race.
Immigration reform is the discussion!! “Benefits to merit based” no shit!! Again why do we owe the world their problems!! We have to take care of Americans first!! So when Obama and his “spiritual advisor” said “God damn America” and lashed out at Whitey were you this outraged??

Immigration reform is the discussion!! “Benefits to merit based” no shit!! Again why do we owe the world their problems!! We have to take care of Americans first!! So when Obama and his “spiritual advisor” said “God damn America” and lashed out at Whitey were you this outraged??

Its clearly not. Look at the thread title.

so then, let me ask..

why is Trump held to a different standard?
How is he held do a different standard? I guess we ought to disregard this "“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

Reactions: dlmcane
so then, let me ask..

why is Trump held to a different standard?

Even if these things were true. Surely you don't agree that two wrongs make a right and that we shouldn't strive for a higher standard in the present and future ?

How is he held do a different standard? I guess we ought to disregard this "“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”
Norm! They did! They assimilated, they worked!! They were proud to be Americans!! They fought in wars!! They built this country!! They had pride!! Different times!! Different people!!

Reactions: BreakingCane
No where in this comment does it say "send me your future terrorists who hate the western world and plot for its destruction". Also the world has changed so much since that quote. We need to evolve a little.

Even if these things were true. Surely you don't agree that two wrongs make a right and that we shouldn't strive for a higher standard in the present and future ?
there is a difference between striving for better and changing the standards to fit your personal wants and desires.

GTFOHWTBS, There you go twisting shit to fit you're own narrative. He didn't say Haiti was a shithole. He reportedly said "Why do we want all these people from shithole countries (plural) coming here?" But I guess it's easy for you to emphasis Haiti because it is a poverty stricken country and by crude definition a shithole.

One country to which he was referring as a shithole was Haiti. And it is. And his comments weren’t racist.

What Trump says about race is completely unacceptable no matter how you try to justify it. It's absolutely no way for a sitting president to ever talk. Let alone on a regular basis. I'm sorry if that offends some of you. It's how i feel about the matter.

No where in this comment does it say "send me your future terrorists who hate the western world and plot for its destruction". Also the world has changed so much since that quote. We need to evolve a little.
What don’t these Liberals see Cush?? Seriously why are they so blind?? I honestly feel they hate America so much they want it destroyed!! They would rather see it torn apart and people killed than be grateful and thankful for the opportunity to live here! The greatest nation on earth!!

What Trump says about race is completely unacceptable no matter how you try to justify it. It's absolutely no way for a sitting president to ever talk. Let alone on a regular basis. I'm sorry if that offends some of you. It's how i feel about the matter.
Good, I felt the same when Obama talked about Cops, Military and having an actual job!! Was clueless and had no point of reference!

what did he say about race.....i'll wait.

Trump's Archie Bunker racism aside; at a more macro level there is a palpable anxiety among aging baby boomers at the "Browning of America" which is really what is driving this issue. The core population of this country is rapidly moving away from being descendants of European immigrants to those of non-European descent. That is causing a lot of "cultural heritage anxiety" especially among outgoing generations (specifically Baby Boomers and Gen-Xers) who grew up thinking America was X when it now actually closer to Y . In a way that is what the entire Trump phenomenon is about - an answer to preserving the identity of the past.

So everyone who voted for Trump is racist? That’s what you are saying?? And these “mother******” maybe this the problem. Nobody give the other side a chance and you end up with “motherfuc***” comments the first sentence.
Not all of them are racist but many are. Is that clearer?

Norm he didn’t call out Haitians!! He called these countries shitholes!! Which nobody here has defended and said they aren’t!! They are all shitholes!!
Palm, calling a shithole a shithole in and of itself is not racist I agree but showing preference to one group of people (and I'm not talking about terrorist) in this case Norwegians or whites to another which are predominantly people of color is what makes it racist. Ya'll keep harping on terrorist entering this country but the fact remains is that we have a lot of homegrown domestic terrorist right here who have killed more Americans than any foreign terrorist with 9/11 being the exception.

Depends how you look at it, think his point was why do we bring in people who need help when we could bring in engineers, Doctors etc etc! Why does Venezuela only allow Doctors to move there?? Why do other countries have requirements?? Can I just move to Mexico?? Hell no! This like most things Trump says will be dissected and blown out of proportion!! And everyone will make the assumption “if you aren’t white you aren’t welcome” yet we bring in more people not white than any other country!! We also support and give opportunities to any other country on earth!! Again, for the US to take the shame and beatings all the while we’ve helped and supported people and countries all over the world is a joke!! It’s the same tired song all the Libs and MSM sing daily. “Blame Whitey” and the backlash from that was Trump!
Bro, I work in recruiting and let's take Software engineers for example, India is a breeding ground for Software Engineers and most of them require HB-1 visa's to enter the U.S. but I can't hire them because most of my positions require a security clearance in which case you have to be a U.S. citizen. There are documented skill gaps with a lot of positions in this country that are unfilled because we simply don't have qualified candidates to fill them and most of these are STEM positions.

Bro, I work in recruiting and let's take Software engineers for example, India is a breeding ground for Software Engineers and most of them require HB-1 visa's to enter the U.S. but I can't hire them because most of my positions require a security clearance in which case you have to be a U.S. citizen. There are documented skill gaps with a lot of positions in this country that are unfilled because we simply don't have qualified candidates to fill them and most of these are STEM positions.
That’s shitty, we should be bringing those people over instead of people we will have to support! That’s a huge problem, you have people coming here illegally along the place of others!

That’s shitty, we should be bringing those people over instead of people we will have to support! That’s a huge problem, you have people coming here illegally along the place of others!
Yeah, I work for DoD and have had to post and re-post lots of IT positions specifically Software positions for different locations throughout the country because I can't get qualified candidates with the right skills and there are gazillions of them in India and Pakistan but you have to be cleared for most of my positions or eligible for a clearance.

Palm, calling a shithole a shithole in and of itself is not racist I agree but showing preference to one group of people (and I'm not talking about terrorist) in this case Norwegians or whites to another which are predominantly people of color is what makes it racist. Ya'll keep harping on terrorist entering this country but the fact remains is that we have a lot of homegrown domestic terrorist right here who have killed more Americans than any foreign terrorist with 9/11 being the exception.
I get the point, however it ain’t Americans running over people in NYC! People we have taken in have spit in our faces enough! Look at the Boston Marathon bombers! We bank rolled that entire family and we got blown up for it.

I think the race of the immigrants is typically nonwhite and the countries these immigrants are coming from are primarily non white. It;s not like Swedish and Norwegian people are beating the doors down to immigrate to the US. I think a lot of anti immigration people, like myself, get lumped into the racist category because the pool of prospective immigrants is usually primarily non white. My stance is based more on the fact that we have plenty of people. We don't need more. If we are going to take someone in, let him or her be an asset to our community.

Try getting into Canada for even a visit if you have a DWI. Good luck. There are plenty of great people who have made a mistake and gotten a DWI. Canada wont take them. Why should we take everyone and e held to different standards. I dont agree with it.

I think it would be hard to argue that race relations regressed dramatically during the obama administration as a large result of Obama's anti cop stance and his knee jerk reactions to cases like Fergusen.
Cush, Back to this Obama anti cop and race relations regressing. Help me understand your thought process on this one bro. Are you referring to the incident in 2009 when he said that the police acted "stupidly" for arresting a man they thought broke into his own home?, him saying Trayvon Martin could have been his son even though George Zimmerman wasn't a police officer or him calling on the police in Ferguson to be transparent after the Michael Brown shooting and his comments on other police action shootings. My thing is this, he was a black man before he was ever a Senator or POTUS and unless you've been racially profiled it's hard to understand where he was coming from which my guess and without him coming out and saying so was that of a black man.

You say that but the u.s. military has been all over the world killing people. Some who were terrorists, some who were innocent civilians caught between fire. Tell me, if you're the parent, brother, sister etc. of a slain family member, how would you view the u.s.? To those people perspective, who is the terrorists? Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan etc all have been affected by American Terrorism.

You say that but the u.s. military has been all over the world killing people. Some who were terrorists, some who were innocent civilians caught between fire. Tell me, if you're the parent, brother, sister etc. of a slain family member, how would you view the u.s.? To those people perspective, who is the terrorists? Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan etc all have been affected by American Terrorism.
I never said they were right or wrong, although I am amazed that an American would ever side with a terrorist, I just said we don't need them in our country.

And how would you view the people of Afghanistan, Iraq etc etc if they driving planes into buildings killing Americans etc! And these are the same people that promote suicide bombers and you are worried they might be upset about someone dying? Come on! They have zero respect for life!

Cush, Back to this Obama anti cop and race relations regressing. Help me understand your thought process on this one bro. Are you referring to the incident in 2009 when he said that the police acted "stupidly" for arresting a man they thought broke into his own home?, him saying Trayvon Martin could have been his son even though George Zimmerman wasn't a police officer or him calling on the police in Ferguson to be transparent after the Michael Brown shooting and his comments on other police action shootings. My thing is this, he was a black man before he was ever a Senator or POTUS and unless you've been racially profiled it's hard to understand where he was coming from which my guess and without him coming out and saying so was that of a black man.
You know what, that's in the rear view mirror and rehashing it isn't going to change your opinion or mine. There is no arguing that race relations were worse at the end of the Obama presidency than they were at the beginning. What is the cause, i guess that can be debated. I'm sure that whatever i present you will counter and it will just be a senseless back and forth that isn't worth either of our valuable time. I have not been profiled, to my knowledge, but again i sense a slight double standard in that Obama can comment as a black man and get immunity from from the actions that result from his words. Yet every word uttered by our current president is cause for impeachment.

Reactions: advarkas
And how would you view the people of Afghanistan, Iraq etc etc if they driving planes into buildings killing Americans etc! And these are the same people that promote suicide bombers and you are worried they might be upset about someone dying? Come on! They have zero respect for life!

The people who "drove" planes into our buildings were primarily from Saudi Arabia, one of our close allies. Iraqis and Afghans had nothing to do with it.

Reactions: dlmcane
Trump's Archie Bunker racism aside; at a more macro level there is a palpable anxiety among aging baby boomers at the "Browning of America" which is really what is driving this issue. The core population of this country is rapidly moving away from being descendants of European immigrants to those of non-European descent. That is causing a lot of "cultural heritage anxiety" especially among outgoing generations (specifically Baby Boomers and Gen-Xers) who grew up thinking America was X when it now actually closer to Y . In a way that is what the entire Trump phenomenon is about - an answer to preserving the identity of the past.
Yes i gather and agree with what the Trump phenomenon happens to be. A bunch of very threatened European descendants ignorant enough to believe they are better than everyone else since they arrived sooner....and/or just better period.

It's ridiculous! Pretty racist...And no position a sitting president should be taking.

Yes i gather and agree with what the Trump phenomenon happens to be. A bunch of very threatened European descendants ignorant enough to believe they are better than everyone else since they arrived sooner....and/or just better period.

It's ridiculous! Pretty racist...And no position a sitting president should be taking.
you are a despicable racist.

The people who "drove" planes into our buildings were primarily from Saudi Arabia, one of our close allies. Iraqis and Afghans had nothing to do with it.
Afghans harbored the Taliban and had terror training camps in their country! Iraq invaded neighbors and terrorized the area. And the Suadi’s you are referring to were trained due to the free hand they were given in Afghanistan. And yes planes were “drove” into buildings!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT