ADVERTISEMENT

Way to keep it Classy, Obummer

It seems like it only matters when it happens to a certain group of people, almost as if there's a narrative involved. Any chance that Barry will make his way to Wisconsin to honor those that were targeted and killed in a vehicle attack? That seems recent enough. Do you think the NFL will take a knee for 14 minutes during games this year to finally honor the memory of poor Tony?
Quite possibly Obama made references to Floyd and the 18 students of Uvalde because not only are they most recent but what is most irritating, mind boggling is the NRA, who is the cause of all this decided to go on with their meeting in Houston. They couldve postponed it. But its obvious they dont care. The keynote speaker was none other than DJT, who reportedly rolled off all 18 names and after each name was announced a sickening gong followed. In 2016 the NRA gave Trump $30M. Followed by $16.5M in 2020.
After the Sandy Hook incident the NRA didnt cancel its event. Proof Obama called out the NRA for what it is. The republicans Number one stocking stuffer.

Quite possibly Obama made references to Floyd and the 18 students of Uvalde because not only are they most recent but what is most irritating, mind boggling is the NRA, who is the cause of all this decided to go on with their meeting in Houston. They couldve postponed it. But its obvious they dont care. The keynote speaker was none other than DJT, who reportedly rolled off all 18 names and after each name was announced a sickening gong followed. In 2016 the NRA gave Trump $30M. Followed by $16.5M in 2020.
After the Sandy Hook incident the NRA didnt cancel its event. Proof Obama called out the NRA for what it is. The republicans Number one stocking stuffer.
You lose credibility when you say the NRA caused this. The NRA is for responsible gun ownership and protecting the 2nd amendment rights of law abiding Americans no matter how much you try to make them a boogeyman. The cause of this is a violently demented POS from a broken family.

You lose credibility when you say the NRA caused this. The NRA is for responsible gun ownership and protecting the 2nd amendment rights of law abiding Americans no matter how much you try to make them a boogeyman. The cause of this is a violently demented POS from a broken family.
If the NRA had any decency at all, they would postpone their gathering. They didnt and they didnt do it after Sandy Hook. So far we are nearing the end of May 2022 and there has been 27 shootings at schools.
Ted Cruz, in a separate interview said he believes having armed guards is clearly a deterent. NO. There was an armed guard at Parkland, armed guard at Robb elementary. BTW having DJT speak at their convention is their attempt to get a free pass.

I can honestly say, without reservation, That Obama is a COMPLETE moron. The same thing I say about George W when I learned that daddy paid his way into the Ivy League.
You're the same fool that claimed Covid was a "Hoax"! "COMPLETE moron"? His IQ is in a range considered genius!

Last edited:
If the NRA had any decency at all, they would postpone their gathering. They didnt and they didnt do it after Sandy Hook. So far we are nearing the end of May 2022 and there has been 27 shootings at schools.
Ted Cruz, in a separate interview said he believes having armed guards is clearly a deterent. NO. There was an armed guard at Parkland, armed guard at Robb elementary. BTW having DJT speak at their convention is their attempt to get a free pass.
And if Pelosi had any decency she wouldn't have ripped up a SOTU speech on live TV with a gleam in her eyes.

And if Pelosi had any decency she wouldn't have ripped up a SOTU speech on live TV with a gleam in her eyes.
How about this. Every young man that wants to buy a gun is treated the same way as a woman that wants an abortion---mandatory 48 hour wait period, parental permission, a note from his primary care physician proving he understands what he is about to do, a video he has to watch about the effects of gun violence, and a ultra sound wand up his butt (just because). Lets close down all but one gun shop in every state and make him drive hundreds, if not thousands of miles , take time off from work, and stay overnight in a strange town to get a gun. Make him walk thru a gauntlet of people holding photos of loved ones who were shot to death, people who call him a murderer and beg him not to buy a gun.
It makes more sense to do this with young men and guns than with women and healthcare, right??? I mean no woman has killed a roomful of people in seconds. What does Pelosi tearing up DJT state of the union address have to do with Obama referring to Floyd and Uvalde Texas? No one died, no one got shot when Pelosi tore up the SOU address.

How about this. Every young man that wants to buy a gun is treated the same way as a woman that wants an abortion---mandatory 48 hour wait period, parental permission, a note from his primary care physician proving he understands what he is about to do, a video he has to watch about the effects of gun violence, and a ultra sound wand up his butt (just because). Lets close down all but one gun shop in every state and make him drive hundreds, if not thousands of miles , take time off from work, and stay overnight in a strange town to get a gun. Make him walk thru a gauntlet of people holding photos of loved ones who were shot to death, people who call him a murderer and beg him not to buy a gun.
It makes more sense to do this with young men and guns than with women and healthcare, right??? I mean no woman has killed a roomful of people in seconds. What does Pelosi tearing up DJT state of the union address have to do with Obama referring to Floyd and Uvalde Texas? No one died, no one got shot when Pelosi tore up the SOU address.
Now we're equating buying an inanimate object to taking a human life from the womb? These analogies are getting ludicrous.

Now we're equating buying an inanimate object to taking a human life from the womb? These analogies are getting ludicrous.
We are talking about life. It should be the same parameters for folks who are advocates of the 2nd amendment as well as for those anti abortion folks. Its also about a heartbeat for both.

We are talking about life. It should be the same parameters for folks who are advocates of the 2nd amendment as well as for those anti abortion folks. Its also about a heartbeat for both.
One of those actions buys you a piece of metal, the other snuffs out the heartbeat of an unborn child. Hardly comparable.

For folks who are pro gun, up till now there isnt a whole lot to argue with and probably nodding your head implying "yeah". You might have even heard a dog whistle in there. "Legislation not needed, its a cultural problem." We know what that means to folks in the gun crowd. There is a cultural problem but it isnt the one you're thinking of. When a kid shoots up a school where did he get the gun? 9 times out of 10 a relative, right? Out of their gun cabinet? From someone in the gun crowd? How often do we see pics of folks with guns and wearing a kevlar vest? Shows you are ready, ready to kill over anything. "Step on my flag I'll kill you." I cant imagine some kid got the idea to pull a gun on something trivial. They sit there and throw that out all the time. Ready to kill But get extremely surprised when a guy wastes a bunch of children. You begin to wonder why is there a sudden shift. "Its not the rifle", you all know that. Semi autos have been available to the public for at least a hundred years. Yet only recently it became an issue. A number of gun owners regard a automatic rifle as a tool.
"A gun isnt going to kill anybody by itself." You're right. Its a tool but I dont see a whole lot of pics with people posing with their power tools. It is a tool but its the only tool that makes these folks act like a man. Thats the problem, thats what this has become. Its no longer a tool, its a symbol of masculinity. The gun represents manhood.
The 18 YO in Uvalde needed more discipline. To these folks its a kid thats been bullied somewhat. A guy thats bullied oftern has his masculinity questioned. So he picks up a symbol of masculinity, the gun and walks to school to solve his problem because violence is always the answer. Its crazy how simple it is.
So these folks see it as close to home, watching it on their TV sets and say "well, I have a 2nd amendment right to own a fire arm." Yes you do, everybody. Thats how its written. We have a right to form a militia; that is the right for all people. But it has nothing to do with taking a AR15 or any automatic rifle and going down to the range and poking holes in paper targets to look cool. It has nothing to do with defending your home from a burglar. Its not what the 2nd amendment is for. The 2nd amendment has 3 real purposes.
1. We have been relieved of duty to put down civil insurrections. The other two are
2. To kill govt employees. Thats what the 2nd amendment is there for. One class of govt employees would be foreign govt employees in the sense of an invasion and the militia backing up the military.
3. When the US govt goes crazy, becomes tyrannical. It was written in there as a safety valve. Thats what the 2nd amendment is there for. You all know that though. You have to know it because Im sure they have decals on their vehicles saying "COME AND TAKE IT." Problem is its near, next to a thin blue line sticker. Who domyou think is coming to take it? They are not going to take it away from you because you are a law abiding gun owner. 2nd amendment has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment. Lets think about this. You can be a law abiding gun owner and be completely complicit in the govt's tyranny. You are conditioned to say that by the NRA and those connected to their lobbyists. There is no conspiracy to take your weapons so you cant fight back. Govt knows this. But you can be a law abiding gun owner and at the same time keeping people from getting out of the ghettos and san advocate of Nazi Germany. It doesnt mean anything.
The whole point of the 2nd amendment is when the time came or if the time came you would not be a law abiding gun owner. But unfortunately they have you trained and whipped. Violence is always the answer, be a man.
If you see the meme on facebook that has the bolt of the AR15, "If your boyfriend doesnt know what this is, he's your girlfriend." Definitely a symbol of masculinity and its no longer a tool, you all made it that way.
And along with the gun the violence.
There is nothing wrong with the guns. Its the gun crowd, screaming the 2nd amendment. Maybe we need to seek out other options to deal with problems than violence. Its only going to get worse. One thing is glaringly obvious. Kids graduating from school have not seen a day of peace in his/her entire life. There has numerous acts of violence their entire time. Violence is the answer???!!! Are these folks heros???!!!! They got an AR15, a flak jacket; they are heros, solving their problems because they are real men. If we are to solve these issues bring back real masculinity; honesty integrity, helping the down trodden, etc., The things all great masculine men did. A gun doesnt make a guy a man. Thats the big problem. We solve that we dont need gun control because we would have self control. When there's mass shootings its the gun crowd.
BTW when I used the word YOU, I am not implying you are part of the mix.

For folks who are pro gun, up till now there isnt a whole lot to argue with and probably nodding your head implying "yeah". You might have even heard a dog whistle in there. "Legislation not needed, its a cultural problem." We know what that means to folks in the gun crowd. There is a cultural problem but it isnt the one you're thinking of. When a kid shoots up a school where did he get the gun? 9 times out of 10 a relative, right? Out of their gun cabinet? From someone in the gun crowd? How often do we see pics of folks with guns and wearing a kevlar vest? Shows you are ready, ready to kill over anything. "Step on my flag I'll kill you." I cant imagine some kid got the idea to pull a gun on something trivial. They sit there and throw that out all the time. Ready to kill But get extremely surprised when a guy wastes a bunch of children. You begin to wonder why is there a sudden shift. "Its not the rifle", you all know that. Semi autos have been available to the public for at least a hundred years. Yet only recently it became an issue. A number of gun owners regard a automatic rifle as a tool.
"A gun isnt going to kill anybody by itself." You're right. Its a tool but I dont see a whole lot of pics with people posing with their power tools. It is a tool but its the only tool that makes these folks act like a man. Thats the problem, thats what this has become. Its no longer a tool, its a symbol of masculinity. The gun represents manhood.
The 18 YO in Uvalde needed more discipline. To these folks its a kid thats been bullied somewhat. A guy thats bullied oftern has his masculinity questioned. So he picks up a symbol of masculinity, the gun and walks to school to solve his problem because violence is always the answer. Its crazy how simple it is.
So these folks see it as close to home, watching it on their TV sets and say "well, I have a 2nd amendment right to own a fire arm." Yes you do, everybody. Thats how its written. We have a right to form a militia; that is the right for all people. But it has nothing to do with taking a AR15 or any automatic rifle and going down to the range and poking holes in paper targets to look cool. It has nothing to do with defending your home from a burglar. Its not what the 2nd amendment is for. The 2nd amendment has 3 real purposes.
1. We have been relieved of duty to put down civil insurrections. The other two are
2. To kill govt employees. Thats what the 2nd amendment is there for. One class of govt employees would be foreign govt employees in the sense of an invasion and the militia backing up the military.
3. When the US govt goes crazy, becomes tyrannical. It was written in there as a safety valve. Thats what the 2nd amendment is there for. You all know that though. You have to know it because Im sure they have decals on their vehicles saying "COME AND TAKE IT." Problem is its near, next to a thin blue line sticker. Who domyou think is coming to take it? They are not going to take it away from you because you are a law abiding gun owner. 2nd amendment has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment. Lets think about this. You can be a law abiding gun owner and be completely complicit in the govt's tyranny. You are conditioned to say that by the NRA and those connected to their lobbyists. There is no conspiracy to take your weapons so you cant fight back. Govt knows this. But you can be a law abiding gun owner and at the same time keeping people from getting out of the ghettos and san advocate of Nazi Germany. It doesnt mean anything.
The whole point of the 2nd amendment is when the time came or if the time came you would not be a law abiding gun owner. But unfortunately they have you trained and whipped. Violence is always the answer, be a man.
If you see the meme on facebook that has the bolt of the AR15, "If your boyfriend doesnt know what this is, he's your girlfriend." Definitely a symbol of masculinity and its no longer a tool, you all made it that way.
And along with the gun the violence.
There is nothing wrong with the guns. Its the gun crowd, screaming the 2nd amendment. Maybe we need to seek out other options to deal with problems than violence. Its only going to get worse. One thing is glaringly obvious. Kids graduating from school have not seen a day of peace in his/her entire life. There has numerous acts of violence their entire time. Violence is the answer???!!! Are these folks heros???!!!! They got an AR15, a flak jacket; they are heros, solving their problems because they are real men. If we are to solve these issues bring back real masculinity; honesty integrity, helping the down trodden, etc., The things all great masculine men did. A gun doesnt make a guy a man. Thats the big problem. We solve that we dont need gun control because we would have self control. When there's mass shootings its the gun crowd.
BTW when I used the word YOU, I am not implying you are part of the mix.
Oh, what a rant..let me restate that..an all time incoherent rant that stinks from mental retardation. Unreal!

Oh, what a rant..let me restate that..an all time incoherent rant that stinks from mental retardation. Unreal!
Its mental retardation when our law makers would rather be beholden to gun lobbyists. People elected them, they are supposed to be working for us. I dont see these politicians rushing to go on national television and go to great lengths to fully explain what the 2nd amendment entails, what it represents, its parameters, etc., nor do I see our law makers rushing to put together a compensation package for families who have lost their kids, have had their lives torn apart, the feeling their hearts have been ripped out.

The former POTUS wasnt idolizing Floyd. He illustrated how defenseless Americans are constantly ending up as victims.
Ya because of people like george floyde that use to constantly get arrested for beating women, breaking into cars and houses only to be let back out so he could keep doing it. There’s about a 100,000 times the amount of these criminals roaming the streets than there is dirty violent cops. It’s because of criminal lifers like floyd that innocent law abiding citizens feel the need to carry, not to protect them selves from cops.

The former POTUS wasnt idolizing Floyd. He illustrated how defenseless Americans are constantly ending up as victims.
Question Hawaii. How "defenseless" would Americans be if the 2nd amendment gets chipped away at?.

With these animals in Chicago and NYC and LA and Atl ....... the normal, good ppl would be in peril. That will never happen.

Her husband is way too busy driving drunk. This world cannot rid itself quickly enough of ppl like Pelosi, her CONSISTENTLY DRUNK husband who runs drivers off the road, and the POS in the White House. The good news is that they will cease to exist on this planet within the next decade. They are very old.

Her husband is way too busy driving drunk. This world cannot rid itself quickly enough of ppl like Pelosi, her CONSISTENTLY DRUNK husband who runs drivers off the road, and the POS in the White House. The good news is that they will cease to exist on this planet within the next decade. They are very old.
Hoping that we'll also have term limits in the next decade to rid ourselves of these career politicians.

Reactions: lysmaryj
Won't happen. Like a fox guarding the hen house. They ALL want to stay there forever. Both sides. Because most of them (both sides) lack the business skills to succeed on the outside.
Agree 100%, especially on the both sides thing. Orrin Hatch, former Sen from Utah was in office for 40 years. His catchphrase when he first ran for the job was, "What do you call a Sen who's been in office for 12 years? You call him home." Feeding that long from the public trough keeps them out of touch from the problems in our country.

Agree 100%, especially on the both sides thing. Orrin Hatch, former Sen from Utah was in office for 40 years. His catchphrase when he first ran for the job was, "What do you call a Sen who's been in office for 12 years? You call him home." Feeding that long from the public trough keeps them out of touch from the problems in our country.
My hunch is that there is no longer room in this country for moderates. Moderates stand for nothing. No backbone. I think, going forward, it will be us Trump supporters vs the progressives. And I REALLY like our chances.

My hunch is that there is no longer room in this country for moderates. Moderates stand for nothing. No backbone. I think, going forward, it will be us Trump supporters vs the progressives. And I REALLY like our chances.
Don't disagree but hate seeing both parties taken over by the extremes. I have to think that the majority of us are somewhere in the middle on most issues.

Question Hawaii. How "defenseless" would Americans be if the 2nd amendment gets chipped away at?.

With these animals in Chicago and NYC and LA and Atl ....... the normal, good ppl would be in peril. That will never happen.
The 2nd amendment can stay in the constitution, no one is taking away your guns. However there has to be mandates put in place like what Canada initiated. Maximum 5 rounds per clip. The only exceptions are Military and law enforcement. A while back I said gun shops can sell to the public a 2 round mag for automatic weapons. You guys will just have to load faster. Multi capacity mags for law enforcement and military only.

We have to forget about arming teachers. A June 2021 survey found that teachers on the average spend $750 a year on supplies for their own classroom. There are around 3.5 million K-12 private and public school teachers in the US. This means teachers are making up a $2.6M ( $750.00x3.5m TEACHERS) shortfall each year with their own money. Once teachers receive their refunds, where will the funds for properly arming, instructing, training and insuring teachers come from????

We have to forget about arming teachers. A June 2021 survey found that teachers on the average spend $750 a year on supplies for their own classroom. There are around 3.5 million K-12 private and public school teachers in the US. This means teachers are making up a $2.6M ( $750.00x3.5m TEACHERS) shortfall each year with their own money. Once teachers receive their refunds, where will the funds for properly arming, instructing, training and insuring teachers come from????
More than a few Utah teachers, both male and female, are indeed armed in their classrooms. I guess they figure the cost is worth it to be able to protect themselves and their students.

More than a few Utah teachers, both male and female, are indeed armed in their classrooms. I guess they figure the cost is worth it to be able to protect themselves and their students.
Armed teachers and armed guards in schools dont work. Sandy Hook, Parkland, Robb elementary all had armed guards. It didnt deter the shooters

The 2nd amendment can stay in the constitution, no one is taking away your guns. However there has to be mandates put in place like what Canada initiated. Maximum 5 rounds per clip. The only exceptions are Military and law enforcement. A while back I said gun shops can sell to the public a 2 round mag for automatic weapons. You guys will just have to load faster. Multi capacity mags for law enforcement and military only.
Didn't Canada just outlaw guns completely???

The idea that any Obama record is "sealed" is a falsehood. This claim has appeared on countless anti-Obama websites and is totally false. If you can prove otherwise, provide some documentation.
One of his first acts as president was to seal his records. It’s also why he and Michelle had to quit the bar. To prevent anyone from viewing their schooling.
It’s funny Obama’s acolytes always deny any unsavory news. Like Hunters laptop. But when exposed there’s always an excuse

One of his first acts as president was to seal his records. It’s also why he and Michelle had to quit the bar. To prevent anyone from viewing their schooling.
It’s funny Obama’s acolytes always deny any unsavory news. Like Hunters laptop. But when exposed there’s always an excuse
Total BS! Like I said, if you can prove otherwise, provide some documentation.

I take it Utah schools have armed guards and/or armed teachers. I give them credit for putting their lives on the line but its putting a band aid on a GSW
Not sure about the armed guards but I do know that there are teachers that are. My kids went to Catholic school here. The only way in is at the front door and you were on video as they asked what you were doing there.

Not sure about the armed guards but I do know that there are teachers that are. My kids went to Catholic school here. The only way in is at the front door and you were on video as they asked what you were doing there.
My main concern for teachers is they have enough trouble getting funds for supplies used in the classrooms. Paper towels, soap, sponges, disinfectants, cleaning solutions, A/B wipes, hand sanitizers, etc., things needed to actually be teachers. Im hard-pressed to believe schools will be given firearms and ammo budgets. And to fill the role that we are talking about, they have to be better than the average cop. A lot better trained and thats not to say cops are not trained but have to have training beyond what a cop receives, more along the lines of HRT (Hostage Rescue Team Training). Teachers will be placed in a more tense situation than when the cops arrive.
Lets say someone starts shooting. Cops are called, takes them some time to drive there. Eventually they reach the school and make entry. During the lag, things stabilize. Kids find cover, school gets locked down and kids are evacuated. Maybe the shooter runs out of ammo and kills himself. Unfortunately teachers dont get that luxury.
When the shooting starts they are already there. When they step out into the hallway its not empty. There are kids running around frantically, in a panic state. If they get a bead on the assailant they cant miss. if they miss in all likelihood they are hitting a student.
So they have to be good at it, real good at putting the bullets where its needed. Once they get to that point they have to function properly while on the move and while kids are running in front of you. They have to change their entire mindset. When they are moving thru the hallway they are no longer teachers. They are warriors. They are no longer worried about students. They are worried if a nook is adequate cover. It changes everything.
When they start training for these situations it has to be done in secrecy. The moment a student finds out the teachers are done. Its over. Any effectiveness they had is now gone.
Contrary to popular belief an armed teacher isnt going to be a deterrent. Even with armed guards it isnt a deterrent. If a shooter knows the school has armed guards or armed teachers they will be #1 on the kill list. It is not practical having armed guards/ armed teachers. To keep ammo in the classroom in case a shooter is on campus is insane. And awfully expensive. When the shooting starts teachers need to lockdown their classrooms and save the 30-35 lives of kids. Everyone else is on their own. Forget about looking for the guy. You have to wait for him to come get you.
If its a school that has wings that can be locked down, maybe you will be able to save everybody. Maybe.
Even in that scenario schools are meant to be inviting. There is a lot of open space. So that means there isnt a lot of cover. There isnt a lot of things to hide behind. You cant stay in the open trying to engage the shooter. You will surely get shot, die. The shooter has the initiative. Forget about going thru the hall ways.
Im not a security expert so I consulted with 2 family friends who are retired law enforcement and another who is a retired Lt. Col US Army MP.

My main concern for teachers is they have enough trouble getting funds for supplies used in the classrooms. Paper towels, soap, sponges, disinfectants, cleaning solutions, A/B wipes, hand sanitizers, etc., things needed to actually be teachers. Im hard-pressed to believe schools will be given firearms and ammo budgets. And to fill the role that we are talking about, they have to be better than the average cop. A lot better trained and thats not to say cops are not trained but have to have training beyond what a cop receives, more along the lines of HRT (Hostage Rescue Team Training). Teachers will be placed in a more tense situation than when the cops arrive.
Lets say someone starts shooting. Cops are called, takes them some time to drive there. Eventually they reach the school and make entry. During the lag, things stabilize. Kids find cover, school gets locked down and kids are evacuated. Maybe the shooter runs out of ammo and kills himself. Unfortunately teachers dont get that luxury.
When the shooting starts they are already there. When they step out into the hallway its not empty. There are kids running around frantically, in a panic state. If they get a bead on the assailant they cant miss. if they miss in all likelihood they are hitting a student.
So they have to be good at it, real good at putting the bullets where its needed. Once they get to that point they have to function properly while on the move and while kids are running in front of you. They have to change their entire mindset. When they are moving thru the hallway they are no longer teachers. They are warriors. They are no longer worried about students. They are worried if a nook is adequate cover. It changes everything.
When they start training for these situations it has to be done in secrecy. The moment a student finds out the teachers are done. Its over. Any effectiveness they had is now gone.
Contrary to popular belief an armed teacher isnt going to be a deterrent. Even with armed guards it isnt a deterrent. If a shooter knows the school has armed guards or armed teachers they will be #1 on the kill list. It is not practical having armed guards/ armed teachers. To keep ammo in the classroom in case a shooter is on campus is insane. And awfully expensive. When the shooting starts teachers need to lockdown their classrooms and save the 30-35 lives of kids. Everyone else is on their own. Forget about looking for the guy. You have to wait for him to come get you.
If its a school that has wings that can be locked down, maybe you will be able to save everybody. Maybe.
Even in that scenario schools are meant to be inviting. There is a lot of open space. So that means there isnt a lot of cover. There isnt a lot of things to hide behind. You cant stay in the open trying to engage the shooter. You will surely get shot, die. The shooter has the initiative. Forget about going thru the hall ways.
Im not a security expert so I consulted with 2 family friends who are retired law enforcement and another who is a retired Lt. Col US Army MP.
You make it sound like all teachers are incompetent to be able to handle the job. You do know that some teachers are former military don't you? It's not like all teachers are supposed to be able to handle this, but there are more than a few that can walk and chew gum at the same time.

You make it sound like all teachers are incompetent to be able to handle the job. You do know that some teachers are former military don't you? It's not like all teachers are supposed to be able to handle this, but there are more than a few that can walk and chew gum at the same time.
I doubt teachers would want to be on campus with targets on their backs. Im sure there are teachers who are great motivators giving encouragement, giving their students leads on how to succeed in life.
When an active shooter is on campus, they are showing leadership skills, accountability and leading by example when they lockdown their classrooms, tell their students, all 30-35 of them to keep their heads down. It shows someone has their backs.
But its an entirely different world to provide instruction on how to take out a shooter on campus. 2nd chances arent guaranteed. getting instructions on how to shoot is different from learning to survive using a gun; from a standing position, a kneeling position, a prone position, shooting from behind a large object for protection, shooting while on the move. Learning to put holes in paper targets at a firing range doesnt come close to survival training.
When it comes to defending the classroom with a gun, 1st order of business is be sure the school has steel plates installed inside of file cabinets which should also be fitted with wheels for easier movements. Steel Plates should be at least 308 thickness. But at the same time as I mentioned earlier there will be fear, panic among the students, you will have people moving in all directions, school personnel included. Be sure the kill shot is the only one you take because as I said there is going to be people scattering when the shooter approaches the class room. So teachers are going to have to think fast, be astute, alert. Can they do all that with lives at stake and with critical decisions to make??? Its easy for those who are on the outside looking in. This is where HRT training will prove vital and it shouldnt be the teachers responsibility. For those that think it should be a piece of cake, sign up to join a Mercenary group or Black Ops. If that doesnt get your blood flowing I dont know what else will

A
I doubt teachers would want to be on campus with targets on their backs. Im sure there are teachers who are great motivators giving encouragement, giving their students leads on how to succeed in life.
When an active shooter is on campus, they are showing leadership skills, accountability and leading by example when they lockdown their classrooms, tell their students, all 30-35 of them to keep their heads down. It shows someone has their backs.
But its an entirely different world to provide instruction on how to take out a shooter on campus. 2nd chances arent guaranteed. getting instructions on how to shoot is different from learning to survive using a gun; from a standing position, a kneeling position, a prone position, shooting from behind a large object for protection, shooting while on the move. Learning to put holes in paper targets at a firing range doesnt come close to survival training.
When it comes to defending the classroom with a gun, 1st order of business is be sure the school has steel plates installed inside of file cabinets which should also be fitted with wheels for easier movements. Steel Plates should be at least 308 thickness. But at the same time as I mentioned earlier there will be fear, panic among the students, you will have people moving in all directions, school personnel included. Be sure the kill shot is the only one you take because as I said there is going to be people scattering when the shooter approaches the class room. So teachers are going to have to think fast, be astute, alert. Can they do all that with lives at stake and with critical decisions to make??? Its easy for those who are on the outside looking in. This is where HRT training will prove vital and it shouldnt be the teachers responsibility. For those that think it should be a piece of cake, sign up to join a Mercenary group or Black Ops. If that doesnt get your blood flowing I dont know what else will
Again, there are more than a few teachers here that have no problem with the responsibility of being armed in their classrooms. It is not a requirement however so those that don't think they can handle it don't have to.

A

Again, there are more than a few teachers here that have no problem with the responsibility of being armed in their classrooms. It is not a requirement however so those that don't think they can handle it don't have to.
I get it. Youre definitely a spokesperson for the NRA and their lobbyists

I get it. Youre definitely a spokesperson for the NRA and their lobbyists
No, I'm just telling you how things are in Utah schools. They've interviewed a few of them here in local media. It's you that has the problem with what Utah teachers decide what is best for themselves and their students.

Reactions: utatem
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT