ADVERTISEMENT

We need to start opening things up around May 1

Beaches are fine so long as you follow the 6 foot rule. In fact, being outside is preferred.
You really think people are going to be responsible with 6 foot social distancing with packed beaches on Memorial Weekend.
Wish I could show you a picture of a bar in Ft. Lauderdale just last Saturday at 2pm. Stupid people all over

Reactions: Hoyacane1620
You really think people are going to be responsible with 6 foot social distancing with packed beaches on Memorial Weekend.
Wish I could show you a picture of a bar in Ft. Lauderdale just last Saturday at 2pm. Stupid people all over
Police patrols should monitor and break up those Groups not following rules. They are always on 4 wheelers on FLL beach. Why should we all suffer due to a few morons?

Police patrols should monitor and break up those Groups not following rules. They are always on 4 wheelers on FLL beach. Why should we all suffer due to a few morons?
Because, we should not have to ask more from our Police/Doctors/Nurses/Firemen etc, just so we can enjoy a couple of days on the beaches/bars etc. That's pretty selfish thought in my book, and I can live with staying in my house one more weekend, if it meant starting to get back to normalcy after that weekend.

Because, we should not have to ask more from our Police/Doctors/Nurses/Firemen etc, just so we can enjoy a couple of days on the beaches/bars etc. That's pretty selfish thought in my book, and I can live with staying in my house one more weekend, if it meant starting to get back to normalcy after that weekend.
Seems more selfish to take a person that has no job or money and tell them they can't go fishing and catch some food.

Reactions: BreakingCane
Not really. 6 feet helps minimize the spread. Being outdoors minimize the spread vs close indoors.

LOL. Gonna be a sad day when the Libs see us open on May 1. From day 1. I said this was un sustainable. And I was right. And EVERY FVCKING DOCTOR WAS WRONG!!!!!!

You're very likely correct. If anything is back open May 1st it's still likely very limited. People need to remember it will still be a few weeks after the cases flatten before changes start happening. We still don't appear to be that close to the curve flattening yet. I'm thinking mid to late may before we start staggered changes as well.
It’s all local ..everything isn’t NY

This^^^^. More likely things start opening June 1st
As much as our President will push for an early opening date , nothing is going to happen immediately on 5-1, there may be slight changes . The real problem is that even a June 1 date would not kick start many businesses. Retail and restaurants would still need customers. Companies the furloughed many employees would be hesitant to bring them all back. We would be looking at 20-30 million people unemployed.
So this date is somewhat arbitrary. We just need to start the slow process back
Now Trump is doing all he can to pump up the morale. He gets criticized for being a cheerleader. He knows the score . That’s why he’s frantic about getting the economy started again . Will it help him politically, sure. But he knows that this pandemic has a possibility to wreck our economy for years
and years. Of course he says we will have a V shaped recovery . What do people expect ? For him to say that a depression is inevitable, that your jobs are not coming back ? That you likely will lose your job your house , your car , your retirement?

LOL. Gonna be a sad day when the Libs see us open on May 1. From day 1. I said this was un sustainable. And I was right. And EVERY FVCKING DOCTOR WAS WRONG!!!!!!
It will be a sad day for everyone.. Libs and the Rabid Right will both feel the pain of a sudden and dramatic uptick in new cases and deaths..

The cure is starting to be worse than the problem.

I am not saying this out of personal need, my wife and myself haven’t lost any income during this, our 401k being the exception.
Totally agree. We must get this economy moving, or we will be facing really, really tough times. The media is hyping this virus as the plague that will wipe out mankind. Hype and negativity is their mantra.

Totally agree. We must get this economy moving, or we will be facing really, really tough times. The media is hyping this virus as the plague that will wipe out mankind. Hype and negativity is their mantra.
So true. Lots of seasonal flu deaths and deaths from other conditions are being misclassified as Croronivrus to add to the hysteria.

May 1...NOT HAPPENING PAL!!!...apparently you haven't been watching the news, and with all due respect, if you have been watching you're not processing the numbers or talking points correctly/logically...unfortunately we're in for the long hall with this bitch. When we first shut schools down, i told my co-workers after that first week..."Guys, no NATION-WIDE SIMPLE/INEXPENSIVE TESTING, NO VACCINE, school is done for the year, mark it down.",,,,everyone crucified me for being all Negative Nancy and of buying into the (partisan) "hype" where some even dared to unbelievably make it political...like some of you did on here...and some (Right-winged zealots/idiots) are so much so out of humane touch as it pertains to politicizing EVERYTHING, that they have absurdly and nonsensically begun threaten the very life of the one man who has been accurate to a fault since the dawn of this wicked indiscriminate bitch, one (Dr. Fauci), so lemme get this krystal, you want to murder the very man who may be the single most important human being that is our scuentific-lifeline to the communication/disseminator of (CoVid-19), information in the country, how is that not beyond absurd and ,most of all sad. And imma double-down and say...not only are schools shuttered for the rest of the year nation-wide, but this piece of shit virus will also will prolley affect the opening of schools in the fall as well...Not Negative Nancying, just utilizing/applying simple logic and common sense...Plus, far too many people are still wiping their very assess with the "suggested" guidelines and rules that have been disseminated by our elected officials so far...fellas, don't be THAT guy

May 1...NOT HAPPENING PAL!!!...apparently you haven't been watching the news, and with all due respect, if you have been watching you're not processing the numbers or talking points correctly/logically...unfortunately we're in for the long hall with this bitch. When we first shut schools down, i told my co-workers after that first week..."Guys, no NATION-WIDE SIMPLE/INEXPENSIVE TESTING, NO VACCINE, school is done for the year, mark it down.",,,,everyone crucified me for being all Negative Nancy and of buying into the (partisan) "hype" where some even dared to unbelievably make it political...like some of you did on here...and some (Right-winged zealots/idiots) are so much so out of humane touch as it pertains to politicizing EVERYTHING, that they have absurdly and nonsensically begun threaten the very life of the one man who has been accurate to a fault since the dawn of this wicked indiscriminate bitch, one (Dr. Fauci), so lemme get this krystal, you want to murder the very man who may be the single most important human being that is our scuentific-lifeline to the communication/disseminator of (CoVid-19), information in the country, how is that not beyond absurd and ,most of all sad. And imma double-down and say...not only are schools shuttered for the rest of the year nation-wide, but this piece of shit virus will also will prolley affect the opening of schools in the fall as well...Not Negative Nancying, just utilizing/applying simple logic and common sense...Plus, far too many people are still wiping their very assess with the "suggested" guidelines and rules that have been disseminated by our elected officials so far...fellas, don't be THAT guy
Sounds like this came from someone very scared and who lacks critical thinking of the impact of shutting down an entire economy for a long period of time.

Stop listening to Mullet Mike Gundy. May 1st is not happening on any scale.

Agree with Gary in that certain states will take a phased approach in opening back up.

NY, Cali, Louisiana (primarily NO) and Florida will take longer even though residents and businesses will try and pushback

Why do people say FLORIDA???

It is Only 3 COUNTIES!!!

SHUT THEM DOWN and MOVE ON

Ready set go for everyone but New York.

side note: The American people should never be asked to do this again.

let me make this is simple as possible for you liberals to understand...

no work=no money for food

No money for food=social unrest (riots, looting, fighting, killing etc)

social unrest=the cure is worse than the disease.

Why do people say FLORIDA???

It is Only 3 COUNTIES!!!

SHUT THEM DOWN and MOVE ON

Because for most people outside of Florida...Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach are the counties that matter the most from an economic (sports/tourist) standpoint.

Being from Miami I can honestly care less about Tampa, Orlando or J Ville opening back up.

AS a NY resident, I can tell you that Governor Cuomo is working with the surrounding states to put together a comprehensive plan to reopen when possible. No state can function independently. NONE.

Here's what was put forth publicly today:

2:20 p.m.: New York working with 5 neighboring states on reopening plan
Six Northeast states -- New York New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Rhode Island -- are joining forces to create a reopening plan, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Monday.

"Each state is going to name a public health official for that state, an economic development official for that state," Cuomo said. "Those officials will then form a working group that will start work immediately on designing a reopening plan, taking into consideration the public health concerns and issues and the economic reactivation issues.

"We anticipate different facts, different circumstances for different states, different parts of states," Cuomo said. "Let's be smart and let's be cooperative and learn from one another."

Because for most people outside of Florida...Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach are the counties that matter the most from an economic (sports/tourist) standpoint.

Being from Miami I can honestly care less about Tampa, Orlando or J Ville opening back up.

Apparently you have never heard of Disney World in Orlando, Universal, Sea World, and the activities that are booked at the Orlando Convention Center + the area golf courses. An example is 2018 .. 126 million visitors to the State of Florida and 75 million were to Orlando ... 60% of the total for the entire State. The entire State depends heavily on tourism and the majority of it takes place outside of South Florida.

The 14 most popular tourist attractions in the State of Florida are:

1. Disney World .. by far #1. Families from all over the world.
2. Kennedy Space Center.
3. Universal Studios .. Orlando.
4. Miami Beach and the Art Deco Historic District
5. Everglades National Park
6. Daytona 500 International Speedway
7. Seaworld Orlando
8. Busch Gardens Tampa
9. Dry Tortugas National Park
10. Duval St in Key West
11. St. Augustine's Historic District and the Castillo De San Marcos
12. Edison and Ford Winter Estates in Fort Myers.
13. The Ringling .. Sarasota
14. Salvador Dali Museur, St. Pete

Reactions: 801canesmxer

Couldn't agree MORE...

Your post is one of the most REASONABLE posts I have seen since this CLUSTERF started...

Apparently you have never heard of Disney World in Orlando, Universal, Sea World, and the activities that are booked at the Orlando Convention Center + the area golf courses. An example is 2018 .. 126 million visitors to the State of Florida and 75 million were to Orlando ... 60% of the total for the entire State. The entire State depends heavily on tourism and the majority of it takes place outside of South Florida.

The 14 most popular tourist attractions in the State of Florida are:

1. Disney World .. by far #1. Families from all over the world.
2. Kennedy Space Center.
3. Universal Studios .. Orlando.
4. Miami Beach and the Art Deco Historic District
5. Everglades National Park
6. Daytona 500 International Speedway
7. Seaworld Orlando
8. Busch Gardens Tampa
9. Dry Tortugas National Park
10. Duval St in Key West
11. St. Augustine's Historic District and the Castillo De San Marcos
12. Edison and Ford Winter Estates in Fort Myers.
13. The Ringling .. Sarasota
14. Salvador Dali Museur, St. Pete
Not that I didn't love going there but kind of surprised to see Everglades National Park at #5. Also would love to see the numbers of visitors to Duval St that have done the "Duval Crawl."

AS a NY resident, I can tell you that Governor Cuomo is working with the surrounding states to put together a comprehensive plan to reopen when possible. No state can function independently. NONE.

Here's what was put forth publicly today:

2:20 p.m.: New York working with 5 neighboring states on reopening plan
Six Northeast states -- New York New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Rhode Island -- are joining forces to create a reopening plan, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Monday.

"Each state is going to name a public health official for that state, an economic development official for that state," Cuomo said. "Those officials will then form a working group that will start work immediately on designing a reopening plan, taking into consideration the public health concerns and issues and the economic reactivation issues.

"We anticipate different facts, different circumstances for different states, different parts of states," Cuomo said. "Let's be smart and let's be cooperative and learn from one another."
Yeah I watched this circle jerk today. They have no legal authority other than acting for their own state. If they want to keep stuff closed , that’s likely their decision
But I did find the NJ reporters comments despicable. As usual . He said that the Trump WH was favoring economics over health , or sort of incoherent nonsense. He asked how Jersey would respond . Blah Blah
Trump is trying to find a balance in order to get things moving again . He is going to have to pitch optimistic plans and thoughts . The nation is already petrified and panicked. People will need to be pushed back to normalcy.
Or we can just go into a depression that will make the income disparity of the past look like heaven.
The poor will get way poorer.

Yeah I watched this circle jerk today. They have no legal authority other than acting for their own state. If they want to keep stuff closed , that’s likely their decision
But I did find the NJ reporters comments despicable. As usual . He said that the Trump WH was favoring economics over health , or sort of incoherent nonsense. He asked how Jersey would respond . Blah Blah
Trump is trying to find a balance in order to get things moving again . He is going to have to pitch optimistic plans and thoughts . The nation is already petrified and panicked. People will need to be pushed back to normalcy.
Or we can just go into a depression that will make the income disparity of the past look like heaven.
The poor will get way poorer.

Watched a Youtube video interview of Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai, a PhD from MIT, and his opinion is that Fauci is basically a 'big pharma solutions guy' and ALWAYS resorts to 'medieval' approaches such as lockdowns, vaccines and harsh drugs, that frequently don't address the UNDERLYING health issues.

He believes that society SHOULD NOT have been locked down, ventilators are killing more people than saving .. as many of those patients SHOULD BE on Intravenous Vitamin C in mega doses to address their lung issues. His focus would be to IDENTIFY THE IMMUNO COMPROMISED INDIVIDUALS and make sure THEY self isolate while the rest of society goes about business as usual.

Reactions: jyoho
The cure is starting to be worse than the problem.

I am not saying this out of personal need, my wife and myself haven’t lost any income during this, our 401k being the exception.
Agree 100%

they're all so now I'm just starting to realize that we are very close to herd immunity

the reality is this thing is much less lethal than the seasonal flu and right now is slightly more lethal than yearly overdoses which come in at 57,000 deaths a year

****ing thing is a joke

if we dont get this going soon I'm gonna have to lay off at least 10 employees. Cant afford it..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT