ADVERTISEMENT

When good guys and gals are armed, they stop bad guys who are armed.

Who do you want in your foxhole?
Sexy-armed-girls-with-guns.jpg

Grb

I honestly thought you were kidding with your headline. In Uvelde, the school resource officer was armed and did nothing. The Ulvede police and school police in charge were armed. Neither did a thing to free those kids or kill the murderer.

These armed “good guys” did nothing to stop the armed bad guy.

Reactions: zackbear
Grb

I honestly thought you were kidding with your headline. In Uvelde, the school resource officer was armed and did nothing. The Ulvede police and school police in charge were armed. Neither did a thing to free those kids or kill the murderer.

I can’t believe you’re lack of knowledge on this tragedy, but I know your news sources.

Reactions: krvanness
Grb

If you don’t see the value of having armed guards, in schools then I can’t take you seriously.

Last edited:
Reactions: NO.SHORECANE
Grb

What you had was a failure in leadership, you had a political guy telling his men to stand down instead of engaging the bad guy.

No excuse for that.

Reactions: 6882
GRB,

Not sure of your point. Good guys had guns but didn’t use them. Border Patrol guys were held back for 35-40 minutes before being allowed to take action.

Your headline verse “when good guys and gals are armed……” is totally contradicted by the facts in Ulvelde.

Wouldn‘t it have been better that the bad guy had been prevented from being armed in the first place?

GRB,

Not sure of your point. Good guys had guns but didn’t use them. Border Patrol guys were held back for 35-40 minutes before being allowed to take action.

Your headline verse “when good guys and gals are armed……” is totally contradicted by the facts in Ulvelde.

Wouldn‘t it have been better that the bad guy had been prevented from being armed in the first place?
You’re not making sense, because someone told them to stand down and leave the building, you think that proves we shouldn’t arm schools to protect our children.

Its a shame you think politicians, celebrities, and banks are more important than our children.

There wasn’t an armed guard in the school , he literally drove past the assailant.

In case you haven’t connected the dots, that would mean he wasn’t in the building.

If things were done correctly none of this would have happened, everything that could have been done wrong was done wrong.

When the teacher propped the door open, and the shooter entered along with the school resource
offficer not BEING IN the building.

It negated any security in place.

As far as the commanding officer telling the police to stand down. That’s incredibly incompetent, you can’t fix stupid. There’s no excuse for that.

We can prevent bad guys from being armed, about the same as we prevent people from selling and using drugs.

Maybe we can just put up a bunch of gun free zone signs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 801canesmxer
GRB,

In most of these cases, the bad guys have had warning signs and red flags galore that Stevie Wonder could have seen. Why do these deranged individuals keep falling through the cracks and what more can be done to intervene before they carry out their heinous acts? Utah has stopped 4 or 5 of these incidents over the last few years although I don't know the details of how they do it.

Reactions: grbcane
In most of these cases, the bad guys have had warning signs and red flags galore that Stevie Wonder could have seen. Why do these deranged individuals keep falling through the cracks and what more can be done to intervene before they carry out their heinous acts? Utah has stopped 4 or 5 of these incidents over the last few years although I don't know the details of how they do it.

Could it be that the “cracks” are really massive faultlines (very limited background regulations poorly executed; idiotic gun show exemptions) fostered and protected by the NRA and its Allies? The NRA fights tooth and nail against all manner of sensible regulations.

GRB, you keep assuming and insisting that I don’t favor armed guards in schools. I do. Why do you just make this shiz up?

Uvelde had an armed guard assigned to this school. He wasn’t in place and when he did show he did not confront the shooter. The school and town police were well trained but followed poor leadership and did nothing.

In the end, 19 armed good guys did not defeat 1 armed bad guy. That’s why your Title to this thread is illogical nonsense.

Could it be that the “cracks” are really massive faultlines (very limited background regulations poorly executed; idiotic gun show exemptions) fostered and protected by the NRA and its Allies? The NRA fights tooth and nail against all manner of sensible regulations.

GRB, you keep assuming and insisting that I don’t favor armed guards in schools. I do. Why do you just make this shiz up?

Uvelde had an armed guard assigned to this school. He wasn’t in place and when he did show he did not confront the shooter. The school and town police were well trained but followed poor leadership and did nothing.

In the end, 19 armed good guys did not defeat 1 armed bad guy. That’s why your Title to this thread is illogical nonsense.
In many of these incidents the perpetrator was well known to local authorities and or federal agencies such as the FBI. Hardly an NRA problem unless you expect them to intervene in law enforcement activities.

Reactions: grbcane

I’ve entered schools where I live. There’s always an armed guard on campus.

You have to be buzzed in, there’s only one way in the building.

They screwed it up by a teacher propping the side door open, and letting the armed officer leave the campus.

They screwed up, that’s why this happened.

Those 19 officers could have stopped it, but they were told not to, one or two could have stopped it if they were allowed to do their job.

If all this could go wrong, you think maybe the government could screw up a background check.?

Grb

Bad judgement, bad training.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT