ADVERTISEMENT

This is such a sad time in our lives that is so widely acceptable to so called Americans! It's just unacceptable and you are welcome to use your.....

What possible need would a six year old have for a rifle of that capacity? In my scenario, your Dad would be allowed to own such a weapon but certainly not a six year old.
Mostly for target practice with an occasional Everglades hunting trip thrown in. Dad technically owned it yet it was my gun and I never felt the need to aim it at, or shoot it at anyone. It was a Marlin Model 60 22 rifle. I am on my 4th model of that same gun 54 years later and not one of them has been used for an illegal activity.

Reactions: zackbear
There is no difference until a person intent on doing harm decides to to use either one of those legal products to kill others. Ban guns and those that choose to kill will simply find another way to carry out their mayhem, which gives you a scenario like the 80+ that were killed in France.
As I' ve said over and over, the U.S. has had 214 mass shootings so far in 2022. How many SUV attacks? And you say, "There is no difference"?

Do you really believe that in the long run? You are naive on that point.
Correct, of course guns will never go anywhere if you just do nothing about the problem but these people forget. America isn't the only country to ever had this problem and they got rid of the guns and strengthened the legislation. Now they no longer have the problem. If you sit around with the attitude, why should anyone do anything. People have been killing each other forever. Just let people kill each other. There is nothing that can be done, that is just being defeatist. We need people that have solutions to problems. Not just roll over and take it.

Reactions: cems52
As I' ve said over and over, the U.S. has had 214 mass shootings so far in 2022. How many SUV attacks? And you say, "There is no difference"?
If you could get past your demonization of guns you would see no difference other than the fact that a vehicle is a much more efficient killer by far.

I think these lame ass excuses are for weak people. If this happened to your family and I looked you and your wives in the eye and gave you these lame ass excuses you would be offended. Well, it didn't happen to my kids but the difference is I have empathy and some of you people have no empathy. You get in your little political tribe and get into defense mode. Well, I gotta be honest. That doesn't solve our problems.

Correct, of course guns will never go anywhere if you just do nothing about the problem but these people forget. America isn't the only country to ever had this problem and they got rid of the guns and strengthened the legislation. Now they no longer have the problem. If you sit around with the attitude, why should anyone do anything. People have been killing each other forever. Just let people kill each other. There is nothing that can be done, that is just being defeatist. We need people that have solutions to problems. Not just roll over and take it.
Yes, France got rid of killings by guns which led to 80+ being killed in one incident by a truck. Take away one method of killing and simply replace it with others does nothing to address the cause.

Mostly for target practice with an occasional Everglades hunting trip thrown in. Dad technically owned it yet it was my gun and I never felt the need to aim it at, or shoot it at anyone. It was a Marlin Model 60 22 rifle. I am on my 4th model of that same gun 54 years later and not one of them has been used for an illegal activity.
The fact that your gun has never been used for an illegal activity does not negate the fact that there has been over 200 mass shooting so far this year.

Yes, France got rid of killings by guns which led to 80+ being killed in one incident by a truck. Take away one method of killing and simply replace it with others does nothing to address the cause.
One thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

If you could get past your demonization of guns you would see no difference other than the fact that a vehicle is a much more efficient killer by far.
If you could get past your defense of guns you would see that vehicle attacks are a rarity compared to mass shootings.

If you could get past your defense of guns you would see that vehicle attacks are a rarity compared to mass shootings.
Actually it's the 2nd amendment that defends guns and American's right to own them. Attacks by vehicles being more rare doesn't change the fact that they happen, nor the fact that a vehicle is a much more efficient tool to do so.

How many are killed with knives each year compared to rifles?
A few years back there was a mass killing in China where the guy used a large knife. He stabbed like 20 some people, however do not know what the death toll was.
I do think that a nut job could use a knife , club, a car, a truck, drugs ( remember the Jonestown tragedy) to cause mass killings along with a gun. An assault rifle will just get the damage done faster. Mental illness is the issue which needs to be addressed.

Reactions: 801canesmxer
A few years back there was a mass killing in China where the guy used a large knife. He stabbed like 20 some people, however do not know what the death toll was.
I do think that a nut job could use a knife , club, a car, a truck, drugs ( remember the Jonestown tragedy) to cause mass killings along with a gun. An assault rifle will just get the damage done faster. Mental illness is the issue which needs to be addressed.
There were a rash of school attacks in China using knives a few years back. I would argue that a vehicle driving through a crowd will get the job done faster than any assault weapon out there.

Reactions: Allied2651
Actually it's the 2nd amendment that defends guns and American's right to own them. Attacks by vehicles being more rare doesn't change the fact that they happen, nor the fact that a vehicle is a much more efficient tool to do so.
When the 2nd amendment was written assault rifles didn't exist.

Total BS!
Name me an assault weapon that is more efficient at killing than a vehicle driving through a crowd. You do realize that the nut job in France killed over 80 without having to reload even once, right? That is a bit more than the lunatic in Vegas killed by firing into a crowd.

One thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Nor are the killings happening at the same rate with knives. Nor or they happening in the United States with knives.

You are talking about apples and the discussion is oranges.

It's immoral to allow this here.

One thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Nor are the killings happening at the same rate with knives. Nor or they happening in the United States with knives.

In 2020 in the US there were 1,739 deaths by knife or cutting instruments. In comparison, there were 455 deaths by rifles. Your apples and oranges are rotten. Should we have a background check and waiting period before any knife purchase?

In 2020 in the US there were 1,739 deaths by knife or cutting instruments. In comparison, there were 455 deaths by rifles. Your apples and oranges are rotten. Should we have a background check and waiting period before any knife purchase?
Gun deaths hit an all-time high in 2020. CDC data shows that more than 45,000 Americans died by gunfire.

Gun deaths hit an all-time high in 2020. CDC data shows that more than 45,000 Americans died by gunfire.
There are lies, damned lies, and then statistics. More than half of those deaths are from suicide, not some mass murderer intent on killing schoolchildren. How many deaths were attributed to the high caliber, high capacity weapons that you want to ban from law abiding citizens, compared to deaths by knife or sharp instrument?

How many of those deaths by knife were by people who knew the victim? I suspect many which makes it totally different than mass shootings where the perp does not know his victims.

This isn't complicated to understand. You are having a rough week.

How many of those deaths by knife were by people who knew the victim? I suspect many which makes it totally different than mass shootings where the perp does not know his victims.

This isn't complicated to understand. You are having a rough week.
Look up the % of mass murders that occur in homes and you will get a surprise. I'm having a great week as the Motocross season kicked off yesterday and I got to see some good racing.

Look up the % of mass murders that occur in homes and you will get a surprise. I'm having a great week as the Motocross season kicked off yesterday and I got to see some good racing.
Now you’re on to mass murders in the home? Crack is a terrible thing. Stop smoking.

Now you’re on to mass murders in the home? Crack is a terrible thing. Stop smoking.
You're the one that falsely stated that most mass murder victims didn't know the perpetrators. Look it up and be enlightened for once. Hint, it's over 50% of mass murders that occur in the home.

There are lies, damned lies, and then statistics. More than half of those deaths are from suicide, not some mass murderer intent on killing schoolchildren. How many deaths were attributed to the high caliber, high capacity weapons that you want to ban from law abiding citizens, compared to deaths by knife or sharp instrument?
Even though more than half of those deaths are from suicide, that leaves close to 20,000 from mass shootings and you keep harping about vehicle attacks. How many killed from those?

Even though more than half of those deaths are from suicide, that leaves close to 20,000 from mass shootings and you keep harping about vehicle attacks. How many killed from those?
Over 80 at one time in France, in case you forgot, 8 dead and 11 injured in NY truck attack in 2017, and 6 dead and 60 injured in the Wisconsin Christmas parade attack. There have been others as well. BTW, "That leaves 20,000 from mass shootings?"Those are gun deaths, not necessarily mass shootings. Remedial math classes are available online if you so choose.

No, it is stupid, uncivilized and unnecessary. Why would it be something I accept? So some cowardly asshole with a tiny penis can feel like a man and own a stupid gun? I don't want guns anywhere near my children.
Not a very smart post. No surprise. Sounds like you are against making schools harder targets. Uvalde was a very soft target, tragically.

Not a very smart post. No surprise. Sounds like you are against making schools harder targets. Uvalde was a very soft target, tragically.
I'm not against schools being a harder target. I am against your idea of how to do that. See the difference? So don't pretend there aren't other ways to accomplish this. I am not sending my kids, nephews and nieces to anywhere it is necessary to have guns. That is the dumbest parenting decision I can remember. I am not in favor of turning the United States of America into a third world shit hole country. Sorry....but I would never be interested in sending my kids to a school that resembled a prison.

Last edited:

The reason there aren't as many knife attacks in the U.S. is because the mental cases and bad guys have a gun.In China, where guns are less prevalent, the nut jobs use a knife.
Wack jobs killing people doesnt matter to them if they are killing with a gun, knife , a vehicle or poison.
Fixing mental health issues will greatly reduce mass killings. It won't stop the inner city gang activity in Chicago, LA, or N.Y. What would reduce the inner city problem would be a more visible Police presence along with responsible and capable politicians. That won't happen until Republican leadership is in place in those cities. That won't ever happen in Chicago so politicians like Bettlejuice will continue to be part of the problem.

Anywhere it’s necessary to have guns ? Like the stadium for football games or the bank, airports, or Disney world just to name a few

The reason there aren't as many knife attacks in the U.S. is because the mental cases and bad guys have a gun.In China, where guns are less prevalent, the nut jobs use a knife.
Wack jobs killing people doesnt matter to them if they are killing with a gun, knife , a vehicle or poison.
Fixing mental health issues will greatly reduce mass killings. It won't stop the inner city gang activity in Chicago, LA, or N.Y. What would reduce the inner city problem would be a more visible Police presence along with responsible and capable politicians. That won't happen until Republican leadership is in place in those cities. That won't ever happen in Chicago so politicians like Bettlejuice will continue to be part of the problem.
I am not sure you are following my point though. Which is you aren't going to be able to kill people with a knife the way you are going to with an assault rifle. That's common sense. Can it be done? I imagine sure...but it isn't the same as owning an assault weapon, therefore no reason to not ban assault rifles.

I am not sure you are following my point though. Which is you aren't going to be able to kill people with a knife the way you are going to with an assault rifle. That's common sense. Can it be done? I imagine sure...but it isn't the same as owning an assault weapon, therefore no reason to not ban assault rifles.
I see the root of the problem is due to mental health issues not a handgun, knife , rifle or an assault rifle. It's the nut job with mental health illness that's the problem. So, as an example, say all guns were taken off the street, the nut job could go to other mass killing instruments like explosives as simple as the one that blew up the government building in Oklahoma City. That was a simple but very effective explosive that was used. Nut jobs will find a way to do damage.

Actually, there is a reason and it's called the 2nd Amendment. More are killed by knives in this country than your so called "assault rifles." Take a guy with a fully loaded assault rifle, as you call them, and take a guy with a vehicle with a full tank of gas. Which one would do more damage in a crowd in the hands of a lunatic?

Mike, if you could only see the arsenals that some of my neighbors have out here. Let's just say that many of them are quite prepared. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT