ADVERTISEMENT

This is such a sad time in our lives that is so widely acceptable to so called Americans! It's just unacceptable and you are welcome to use your.....

Over 80 at one time in France, in case you forgot, 8 dead and 11 injured in NY truck attack in 2017, and 6 dead and 60 injured in the Wisconsin Christmas parade attack. There have been others as well. BTW, "That leaves 20,000 from mass shootings?"Those are gun deaths, not necessarily mass shootings. Remedial math classes are available online if you so choose.
Your attitude on guns should be expected as you've been living among the Mormons for so long. Mormon-majority Utah has been called the most lenient state in America on gun control. Bunch of loons living in the past!

Your attitude on guns should be expected as you've been living among the Mormons for so long. Mormon-majority Utah has been called the most lenient state in America on gun control. Bunch of loons living in the past!
The most lenient state on gun control yet without the murder rates in states with tough "gun control" laws. Go figure. BTW, nice job on stereotyping all Mormons as loons. Some of the best people that I've met in my life are Mormon.

I see the root of the problem is due to mental health issues not a handgun, knife , rifle or an assault rifle. It's the nut job with mental health illness that's the problem. So, as an example, say all guns were taken off the street, the nut job could go to other mass killing instruments like explosives as simple as the one that blew up the government building in Oklahoma City. That was a simple but very effective explosive that was used. Nut jobs will find a way to do damage.

It's not just mental health. It's a gun problem coupled with a mental health problem. It's not one or the other. You don't give mentally unhealthy people access to assault weapons or anything is that is dangerous. That doesn't mean they won't find something else but one thing has nothing to do with the other. It's not a reason you don't allow a mentally challenged person to own an assault riffle.

You guys are using some crazy principle will there is no need to lock the gun cabnet with my 5 year in the room because there is a whole host of other things they can get into....lol. Huh? I think you still lock the cabinet dude.

It's not just mental health. It's a gun problem coupled with a mental health problem. It's not one or the other. You don't give mentally unhealthy people access to assault weapons or anything is that is dangerous. That doesn't mean they won't find something else but one thing has nothing to do with the other. It's not a reason you don't allow a mentally challenged person to own an assault riffle.

You guys are using some crazy principle will there is no need to lock the gun cabnet with my 5 year in the room because there is a whole host of other things they can get into....lol. Huh? I think you still lock the cabinet dude.
I grew up in a house with loaded guns and no cabinet and my 3 kids have done the same with no incidents. It is absolutely a people problem otherwise we'd be hearing more stories of guns loading themselves and then going out hunting down victims. I haven't heard of one case where that has happened yet, have you?

The most lenient state on gun control yet without the murder rates in states with tough "gun control" laws. Go figure. BTW, nice job on stereotyping all Mormons as loons. Some of the best people that I've met in my life are Mormon.
That was uncalled for and I apologize. I from Colorado and knew many Mormons including my next door neigh bors who were fine people. My young son was babysat by a Mormon family and it's probably the healthiest he has ever been fed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 801canesmxer
That was uncalled for and I apologize. I from Colorado and knew many Mormons including my next door neigh bors who were fine people.
You're fine mike, just giving you some crap on a cold and wet day here. My wife and I were actually shunned in the first neighborhood we moved to when we came here. My wife went to one of their houses for something and saw a map of the neighborhood on their refrigerator listing the religion of each household, so they could keep track of the non-members. The guy across the street from us would be out doing yard work and when he saw me coming in my car he would turn his back to the road. We lasted 2 years there before we moved. There are also some scary looking people, in a Deliverance kind of way, in some of the small towns you pass through out here. There are good and bad in all people.

Reactions: miamimike
Mike, if you could only see the arsenals that some of my neighbors have out here. Let's just say that many of them are quite prepared. ;)
Wouldn't surprise me. No group of comparable size comes close to matching the scale and organizational discipline of the Mormon's efforts to prepare for whatever catastrophe may come. The late Mormon president Spencer Kimball taught that all members should "be anxiously engaged in a positive program of preparation. It is not enough to hope for the best; we must prepare for it".

You're fine mike, just giving you some crap on a cold and wet day here. My wife and I were actually shunned in the first neighborhood we moved to when we came here. My wife went to one of their houses for something and saw a map of the neighborhood on their refrigerator listing the religion of each household, so they could keep track of the non-members. The guy across the street from us would be out doing yard work and when he saw me coming in my car he would turn his back to the road. We lasted 2 years there before we moved. There are also some scary looking people, in a Deliverance kind of way, in some of the small towns you pass through out here. There are good and bad in all people.
That's somewhat surprising since Mormons have always been taught that a dismissive attitude to the beliefs or faiths of others is sinful. In fact, the Book of Mormon condemns in the strongest terms those who adopt such an attitude. Probably as a result of the bias that they themselves faced. Like you said, there are good and bad in all people,

That's somewhat surprising since Mormons have always been taught that a dismissive attitude to the beliefs or faiths of others is sinful. In fact, the Book of Mormon condemns in the strongest terms those who adopt such an attitude. Probably as a result of the bias that they themselves faced. Like you said, there are good and bad in all people,
That is true for the most part but you have a few areas or neighborhoods where they are more cult like, especially back when we moved here nearly 30 years ago.

Prepared for what?
For anything that comes apparently. Many families here keep different seed stocked in their basement for what they call the end of times. The belief is that when Armageddon comes, food will be scarce and become the valuable commodity.

For anything that comes apparently. Many families here keep different seed stocked in their basement for what they call the end of times. The belief is that when Armageddon comes, food will be scarce and become the valuable commodity.
I've heard the quality of weed in Utah is some of the best on the planet. I suggest you drop a dime on your neighbors cause that weed has gotten the best of them.

• Haha
The truth always hurts. I intend to speak loudly on this issue. Republicans own this. You own every death from these mass killings and more. Dems should pull off the gloves and call out your murderous party no different than we've called out Trump as a lying, racist and corrupt P

So your suggestion is to do nothing and let the massacres continue? Got it!!

Here's a better solution. In 2017 Trump and his blood thirsty Republicans passed a bill that allowed folks with mental issues to buy guns. Is that crazy? Pun intended. Instead of blaming our crazies lets repeal Trump's flawed bill. You down? Here's another suggestion. Pass legislation already passed by the House to enhance background checks on gun sales. I would also eliminate AK47'S and similar weapons. No need for the public to have those types of weapons.

It's your turn now to make a substantive recommendation on how we stop these mass killings.

Did you really just type that BS???????
You truly are an emotional moron.
To make this a political issue is asinine.
Republicans have also put forth a ban on these types of guns and Dems voted down the bill, but Scott. A black republican
STFU about what you know little about

Last edited:
Republicans have also put forth a ban on these types of guns and Dems voted down the bill, but Scott. A black republican
Why the need to call out Scott's race? You got a problem with his race?

Who cares if he is black? Except YOU!

Who cares if he is black? Except YOU!
I raised the same point. What a doofus.
Didn't you guys make a big fuss in pointing out the race of our new Supreme Court Justice? Is this different again? Admit it, you're just upset that he doesn't belong to the party that tells blacks that they can't make it without whitey's help. Hurry, another one left the plantation.

Reactions: majus12
Didn't you guys make a big fuss in pointing out the race of our new Supreme Court Justice? Is this different again? Admit it, you're just upset that he doesn't belong to the party that tells blacks that they can't make it without whitey's help. Hurry, another one left the plantation.
Show me where I made "a big fuss" about the race of the newest Supreme Court Justice? I'm certain I talked about her qualifications and record. I will wait for your right wing response.

Show me where I made "a big fuss" about the race of the newest Supreme Court Justice? I'm certain I talked about her qualifications and record. I will wait for your right wing response.
So, you never mentioned her race in any of the threads about her? It's not too late cems, you can still get away from the party that tries to keep you down.

At least "those idiots" tried something. Republicans refuse to do anything. Should they keep their jobs for killing Americans?
You sir are a complete idiot and a dishonest man you have no perception of the truth and are the reason for the problem. Democrats like you don’t care about gun violence if you did you would do something about it in all the democrats run cities.
you are a total moron.
First of all you and your party are the racist!! You don’t say a thing about the gun violence in every democrats run city that is costing the lives of black and brown people every day . You only get mad when a law enforcement officer kills a black man that’s resisting arrest and has a record of being a lifetime criminal. You say nothing about the thousands of black and brown people getting shot everywhere because there’s no political win for you . And now you get all upset when a bunch of kids get killed. And you try to blame republicans for that . Your a complete asshole . Republicans believe in security democrats dont period end of story . You don’t care about the boarder you don’t care about the black and brown community unless it’s politically beneficial to the democrats ideology. Senator Scott proposed police reform democrats blocked it Trump tried to do a bill on guns democrats blocked it . Why because you fn idiots in the Democratic Party won’t admit that someone else is right and oppose anything by the other party because you can’t admit that you are wrong . You fn morons go around in life thinking your smarter than everyone else . Well you know what asshole your shit stinks just like everyone else’s.
If your just a asshole troll then so be it but I think your just a jackass . And if Gary wants to kick me off for call you a complete stupid mother ****er so be it . Your opinions and responses on here are absolutely what’s wrong with this country. Idiots like you try and spread hate and division that creates this crap . You sir are to blame because you refuse to protect our children with your ridiculous talking points that the majority of Americans totally disagree with.
So mr cems52 grow up quit being a sheep and a parrot look down next time you take a shower and if you see some balls act like a man and think for yourself.

Reactions: majus12
I am not sure you are following my point though. Which is you aren't going to be able to kill people with a knife the way you are going to with an assault rifle. That's common sense. Can it be done? I imagine sure...but it isn't the same as owning an assault weapon, therefore no reason to not ban assault rifles.
Such a moron so don’t address the root problem just take away a weapon of choice from someone determined to kill. Gee I guess if they can’t get an ar 15 they will just become a model citizen. You also are a fn idiot. You and the rest of your cronies are absolutely stupid. You ignore facts and you live in a fantasy world. There’s always been bad evil people in this world and you bleeding heart liberals think you can pass a stupid ass law that will stop the lawless people that don’t care about your laws.
wake the fu## up

Last edited:
You sir are a complete idiot and a dishonest man you have no perception of the truth and are the reason for the problem. Democrats like you don’t care about gun violence if you did you would do something about it in all the democrats run cities.
you are a total moron.
First of all you and your party are the racist!! You don’t say a thing about the gun violence in every democrats run city that is costing the lives of black and brown people every day . You only get mad when a law enforcement officer kills a black man that’s resisting arrest and has a record of being a lifetime criminal. You say nothing about the thousands of black and brown people getting shot everywhere because there’s no political win for you . And now you get all upset when a bunch of kids get killed. And you try to blame republicans for that . Your a complete asshole . Republicans believe in security democrats dont period end of story . You don’t care about the boarder you don’t care about the black and brown community unless it’s politically beneficial to the democrats ideology. Senator Scott proposed police reform democrats blocked it Trump tried to do a bill on guns democrats blocked it . Why because you fn idiots in the Democratic Party won’t admit that someone else is right and oppose anything by the other party because you can’t admit that you are wrong . You fn morons go around in life thinking your smarter than everyone else . Well you know what asshole your shit stinks just like everyone else’s.
If your just a asshole troll then so be it but I think your just a jackass . And if Gary wants to kick me off for call you a complete stupid mother ****er so be it . Your opinions and responses on here are absolutely what’s wrong with this country. Idiots like you try and spread hate and division that creates this crap . You sir are to blame because you refuse to protect our children with your ridiculous talking points that the majority of Americans totally disagree with.
So mr cems52 grow up quit being a sheep and a parrot look down next time you take a shower and if you see some balls act like a man and think for yourself.
Agree 100%

I'm not against schools being a harder target. I am against your idea of how to do that. See the difference? So don't pretend there aren't other ways to accomplish this. I am not sending my kids, nephews and nieces to anywhere it is necessary to have guns. That is the dumbest parenting decision I can remember. I am not in favor of turning the United States of America into a third world shit hole country. Sorry....but I would never be interested in sending my kids to a school that resembled a prison.
How do you plan on making schools harder targets without training and arming school resource officers?

How do you plan on making schools harder targets without training and arming school resource officers?
First of all I plan of voting for people that do make everyplace in America a harder target. Not just schools. Schools, grocery stores, places people go to pray to their God, movie theaters etc. Every place that has this problem. See, this is not just happening in schools. What you are referring to is not a solution to me. It's a reaction from people that live their lies and lives in fear. I don't live my life that way. I align myself with people who can offer real solutions. Not some third world country reaction.

Second of all I have said my opinion here. Yet, you guys keep asking me. Why is that? Could it possibly be that you don't give a shit about my opinion. Since this is the case why bother asking? I have said it here a million times.

This is not the first country to have this problem. We need people that solve problems. Not cater to people who cowardly want to do nothing but appease big donors and gun manufacturers. There is a lot we can be doing!!!! But refuse to do it. We would rather just keep asking the same questions. There is active legislation to be voted on. There are countries that have sharply attacked this problem and it is an extreme rarity there now. We need to do the things that give this country progression. We have to stop living in the past.

This isnt the 1700's. We don't need to form a Militia. We are just making lame ass excuses so we can have no morals. People can't live their lives freely in a taxed society without threat of assault now. That's morally wrong and anyone okay with this is void of morals to me.

Last edited:
I asked what your PLAN for making schools harder targets other than training and arming school resource officers. All you gave me is a load of gibberish. Don't you think arming school resource officers would be a deterrent? Who said anything about militia ?

Reactions: krvanness
I asked what your PLAN for making schools harder targets other than training and arming school resource officers. All you gave me is a load of gibberish. Don't you think arming school resource officers would be a deterrent? Who said anything about militia ?
It's not gibberish. If you don't like the answer then you shouldn't ask. It's called gibberish because it is very difficult to hear that someone thinks you don't possess a moral compass here. It's not gibberish, it's my opinion. I said something about Militia. That's who. The reason is because that's the reason for the second amendment. We don't need to have the right to own assault weapons and you don't like being told this but that's the truth. You want to hide behind the second amendment but you take it out of context to suit your argument. That's why I mentioned Militia.

It's like those polygamist that take the bible out of context to justify banging all the chicks they want. That's what you all remind me of....and the fact of the matter is what is going on now is immoral.

The second ammendment is in the Bill of Rights. Just because some dumb ass in 2022 decides he knows better than the brave men that wrote the constitution is not reason to take away the citizens rightss

The second ammendment is in the Bill of Rights. Just because some dumb ass in 2022 decides he knows better than the brave men that wrote the constitution is not reason to take away the citizens rightss
Jack down. It's a right to bear arms. Not a right to own assault weaponry to mow down kids at school.

Last edited:
Reactions: cems52
Jack down. It's a right to beat arms. Not a right to own assault weaponry to mow down kids at school.
The language it is written is what it is. Courts have upheld it. And Biden surrendered to the Taliban. I am going to lie out by my pool. Bye

Let's not politicize this playbook if you want. Then go to your what about Chicago playbook. I honestly don't care. It's just completely unacceptable to allow what goes on in this country to happen due to the mere interest of allowing everyone nutt job to have a deadly assault riffle and do absolutely nothing about it.

Every senator or politician that allows this to happen is a POS and so are the people that vote them in time and time again.

First of all I plan of voting for people that do make everyplace in America a harder target. Not just schools. Schools, grocery stores, places people go to pray to their God, movie theaters etc. Every place that has this problem. See, this is not just happening in schools. What you are referring to is not a solution to me. It's a reaction from people that live their lies and lives in fear. I don't live my life that way. I align myself with people who can offer real solutions. Not some third world country reaction.

Second of all I have said my opinion here. Yet, you guys keep asking me. Why is that? Could it possibly be that you don't give a shit about my opinion. Since this is the case why bother asking? I have said it here a million times.

This is not the first country to have this problem. We need people that solve problems. Not cater to people who cowardly want to do nothing but appease big donors and gun manufacturers. There is a lot we can be doing!!!! But refuse to do it. We would rather just keep asking the same questions. There is active legislation to be voted on. There are countries that have sharply attacked this problem and it is an extreme rarity there now. We need to do the things that give this country progression. We have to stop living in the past.

This isnt the 1700's. We don't need to form a Militia. We are just making lame ass excuses so we can have no morals. People can't live their lives freely in a taxed society without threat of assault now. That's morally wrong and anyone okay with this is void of morals to me.
It's just asinine that you'll skip over the actual killers here, these crazies wandering through our society as law enforcement is pushed to the side while we coddle our criminal communities. Let's blame donors and manufacturers while enabling murderers, batterers, thieves and rapists to ravage the streets.

We have firearms because we 'appease big donors and gun manufacturers'?
No.

You question our morality, I question the same of you. You're so busy blaming those opposing your views that you and others of the Liberal side never totally refuse to consider that people are the cause and firearms are only tools. Take away their 'tool' and they'll find others to use. Remember Waukesha? Want to ban cars? Remember Oklahoma City? Want to ban fertilizer? Remember Kenosha, Portland, etc.? Want to ban bottles and gasoline? In NYC they've decided to push Asian women off subway platforms. Ban trains?

We need to limit firearm availability to the young and as many of the crazies as we can. Keep the school doors locked. Have armed guards and/or armed teachers, if they're qualified.

Switzerland has more guns per capita than we do, why aren't their guns killing people?

Reactions: NO.SHORECANE
It's not gibberish. If you don't like the answer then you shouldn't ask. It's called gibberish because it is very difficult to hear that someone thinks you don't possess a moral compass here. It's not gibberish, it's my opinion. I said something about Militia. That's who. The reason is because that's the reason for the second amendment. We don't need to have the right to own assault weapons and you don't like being told this but that's the truth. You want to hide behind the second amendment but you take it out of context to suit your argument. That's why I mentioned Militia.

It's like those polygamist that take the bible out of context to justify banging all the chicks they want. That's what you all remind me of....and the fact of the matter is what is going on now is immoral.
You said nothing about making schools harder targets. That's my concern. Bad people will always find a way to get guns. Something has to be done to make schools safer.I'm not taking about the Second Amendment or AR15's. I'm talking about concrete steps to make schools less vulnerable to this kind of violence.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT