ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis calls for special session regarding Disney's unique designation

central17

SuperCane
Jan 31, 2005
Very interesting but also something that needs to be looked at rationally, not emotionally. Why should Disney get special treatment that Fred's hardware store does not receive? However the fix has to be studied and done correctly. It is well known that Disney pays lousy and does not really support infrastructure in the Orlando area. Their profits definitely go to Woke California. Floridians pay huge dollars to build infrastructure and provide services for the Rat. But to just kick Disney is not the right approach. Although it would be fun to watch liberal, always complaining with a hand out Orange County have control over Disney. They would expect to have Disney pay for every wish list program they ever had. Would be Woke vs Woker.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...lature-consider-eliminating-disneys-rcna25012

Reactions: grbcane
When they interjected themselves into active political actions, like publicly announcing they would lead efforts to repeal the Parents Rights law , they subjected themselves to political retaliation. Don’t play the game if you don’t want to accept a loss
It was one thing to say we don’t agree with the Florida legislation, quite another to mount an effort for its repeal
Sure it’s a payback
But warranted.
The special taxing district was always a legislative gift to a seemingly benign corporate employer. When I ran the government affairs area of a large Florida company/employer , everyone was friendly ( D and R) so long as the political donations were forthcoming and we stayed non confrontational.
These Disney folks crossed the line . The pissed off the party in power .
Their lobbyists are likely pissed as their work was upended .
They need to suffer

Reactions: grbcane
When they interjected themselves into active political actions, like publicly announcing they would lead efforts to repeal the Parents Rights law , they subjected themselves to political retaliation. Don’t play the game if you don’t want to accept a loss
It was one thing to say we don’t agree with the Florida legislation, quite another to mount an effort for its repeal
Sure it’s a payback
But warranted.
The special taxing district was always a legislative gift to a seemingly benign corporate employer. When I ran the government affairs area of a large Florida company/employer , everyone was friendly ( D and R) so long as the political donations were forthcoming and we stayed non confrontational.
These Disney folks crossed the line . The pissed off the party in power .
Their lobbyists are likely pissed as their work was upended .
They need to suffer
I agree Disney crossed the line and do deserve retaliation. But the State does need to be smart. Maybe that special district becomes part of a unique state sales taxation process? Putting things under control of Orange County could create a worse mess that the entire State of Florida would then be responsible to fix. Kind of like Obama said about Biden, don't underestimate the ability of Orange County to F%%% things up. Also as the Dingy Harry Reid learned with his Court nuclear option, over time the other party can take control.

How much revenue does Disney Generate for the state of Florida and the county of Orlando? Im sure they pay their share of taxes. As a the top executive in Fl DeSantis needs to not be retaliatory. Where I worked, CVS Pharmacy retaliation in any form, regardless of high up one is in the food chain was never tolerated. Here we have a leader who preens his feathers on the grade K-3rd grade legislation but does an about face on Disney. He sends mixed messages.

How much revenue does Disney Generate for the state of Florida and the county of Orlando? Im sure they pay their share of taxes. As a the top executive in Fl DeSantis needs to not be retaliatory. Where I worked, CVS Pharmacy retaliation in any form, regardless of high up one is in the food chain was never tolerated. Here we have a leader who preens his feathers on the grade K-3rd grade legislation but does an about face on Disney. He sends mixed messages.
So if Disney gets pissed, what can they do about it? Pack up and go to California or China where they belong. The woke morons at the C level screwed up. Their special financial benefits might just disappear. Oh well...I bet those woke C level jobs might become available should it cost them.

So if Disney gets pissed, what can they do about it? Pack up and go to California or China where they belong. The woke morons at the C level screwed up. Their special financial benefits might just disappear. Oh well...I bet those woke C level jobs might become available should it cost them.
Maybe DeSantis should have some fun with the entire situation. Treat Disney as the democrats they are. Tax the bleep out of them. Regulate them. Take them off the power grid and tell them to power themselves with windmills. Find a rare mouse species in the parking lot and close the park for a year while an environmental impact study is done. Require all Disney owned properties to have half of their rooms be available at no charge to the homeless - with meals. The state could make so much money and have so much fun. And of course provide growth incentives to Universal, Sea World, Lego Land, Dinosaur Land, Fantasy of Flight and other theme parks that are willing to mind their own business and offer entertainment, not woke lectures to the citizens of Florida.

Maybe DeSantis should have some fun with the entire situation. Treat Disney as the democrats they are. Tax the bleep out of them. Regulate them. Take them off the power grid and tell them to power themselves with windmills. Find a rare mouse species in the parking lot and close the park for a year while an environmental impact study is done. Require all Disney owned properties to have half of their rooms be available at no charge to the homeless - with meals. The state could make so much money and have so much fun. And of course provide growth incentives to Universal, Sea World, Lego Land, Dinosaur Land, Fantasy of Flight and other theme parks that are willing to mind their own business and offer entertainment, not woke lectures to the citizens of Florida.
I like your idea but I would put it on steroids if the state has leverage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT