ADVERTISEMENT

Janet Yellen- I was wrong about inflation

First there was no inflation. Then it was "transitory". Then it will ease soon. Now we couldn't have predicted it even though liberal Democrat economists promised it would happen due to spending. She's pathetic.
Manchin saved their party from an additional $3T in spending. Imagine the effects of that if it happened.

Remember when Grandpa Joe "whispered" to us that these spending bills would bring down inflation?

Bidenomics.

I think at this point, they are panicked. There is no easy answer. It's harsh action by Fed with recession or less robust action with longer period of inflation. They have run out of people to blame and subjects to deflect with.
They are setting Powell up to be the fall guy.

Last edited:
Way over her head.
She was well qualified to serve as Treasury secretary and don't forget her nomination was advanced by the Senate Finance Committee with unanimous support, 26 to 0, and both Dems and Repubs praised her after the vote.

She was well qualified to serve as Treasury secretary and don't forget her nomination was advanced by the Senate Finance Committee with unanimous support, 26 to 0, and both Dems and Repubs praised her after the vote.
So you are happy with her performance? Figures. It's all about global inflation. LOL! She said she didn't see it coming despite the fact that Larry Summers and Steve Rattner warned her. Guess she thought she was smarter, but she wasn't.

Last edited:
So you are happy with her performance? Figures. It's all about global inflation. LOL! She said she didn't see it coming despite the fact that Larry Summers and Steve Rattner warned her. Guess she thought she was smarter, but she wasn't.
I was responding to the post. "Way over her head" and I never claimed to be happy with her performance. She and Biden said they didn't see it coming when it should have been obvious that the demand/supply mismatch would lead to inflation. A demand/supply mismatch is the definition of inflation. BTW. Quit putting words in my mouth and being so eager to start an argument! "It's all about global inflation. LOL!". Inflation has been rising across the globe. a trend that started in November 2020 and prices are rising at the fastest pace in almost four decades. In Britain, inflation is at it's highest level in three decades.

Last edited:
She is not qualified to be "dog catcher" for a Chicago MS 13 chapter.
A little harsh there 17. Obviously the bipartisan Senate Finance Committee which advanced her nomination 26-0 thought she was qualified.

Well apparently not. And you think Biden is a good President. So we will take this with a grain of salt

Reactions: NO.SHORECANE
A little harsh there 17. Obviously the bipartisan Senate Finance Committee which advanced her nomination 26-0 thought she was qualified.
Mike,
The Republicans were attempting to be courteous, bipartisan and give her the benefit of the doubt. She does have impressive paper credentials, but the lack of success of her policies proves that the "lack of qualifications to be a dog catcher" analogy is 100% accurate.

Mike,
The Republicans were attempting to be courteous, bipartisan and give her the benefit of the doubt. She does have impressive paper credentials, but the lack of success of her policies proves that the "lack of qualifications to be a dog catcher" analogy is 100% accurate.
If you say so but I've never known Republicans to attempt to be courteous, bipartisan or give the benefit of the doubt. Just the opposite.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: central17
If you say so but I've never known Republicans to attempt to be courteous, bipartisan or give the benefit of the doubt. Just the opposite.
They had no reason not to confirm her. I bet if she showed up now the vote would be quite different. She will be one of his Cabinet members who "resigns"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT