ADVERTISEMENT

Libs are pieces of trash and the reason is because

I'm not really sure what you are upset with other then a cancelled exercise. Is that what's really bothering you or is there something else behind it. I think you understand this was the beginning of what has already been stated of several meetings, so surely you weren't looking for a full agreement.

So specifically, what's eating at you?

Bring it back to Obama whenever you can't argue facts. Same play over and over.

Let me ask would you rather a deal similar to the Iran deal with north korea or what Trump got the other day? Before you answer and look stupid you may want to read what is actually in the Iran deal. Answer honestly.

Reactions: BreakingCane
I'm not really sure what you are upset with other then a cancelled exercise. Is that what's really bothering you or is there something else behind it. I think you understand this was the beginning of what has already been stated of several meetings, so surely you weren't looking for a full agreement.

So specifically, what's eating at you?

What's eating me is he got no tangible concession from them and we gave a tangible concession by committing to not doing our exercises.

I didn't expect a full agreement but I expected more than a vague commitment to denuclearize in the future. You'll mention hostages and troop remains. While those things are fine they don't help in denuclearization which is the ultimate goal.

What am I missing? Help me understand why you think we are closer to denuclearization than we were a month or even a year ago.

So you don’t consider anything the N Koreans have done up to this point a concession, but are freaked out over the fact that we and the postponed?

What's eating me is he got no tangible concession from them and we gave a tangible concession by committing to not doing our exercises.

I didn't expect a full agreement but I expected more than a vague commitment to denuclearize in the future. You'll mention hostages and troop remains. While those things are fine they don't help in denuclearization which is the ultimate goal.

What am I missing? Help me understand why you think we are closer to denuclearization than we were a month or even a year ago.

So you don’t consider anything the N Koreans have done up to this point a concession, but are freaked out over the fact that we and the postponed?

I've told you where I stand. I think the hostages and troop remains are good things that do nothing to stop or slow down their program. That is what the goal is right? So yes those two things do nothing to get to that goal. They have committed to nothing that can be represented as a step towards denuclearization.

Now tell why you think it's been good so far? What steps are they obligated to take while we are stopping our exercises and our President is stating that he wants to eliminate our troop presence in the region?

For me I see it completely opposite. I see that the N Koreans have already taking steps in good faith as concessions. Sure we postponed an exercise, but they released three hostages. They also destroyed a test site, stopped launching missiles, and relieved pressure at the DMZ by reaching out to S Korea. Of course that is the known, but like every negotiation, there are things we don’t know. But for a minute ask yourself this. Would you have taking an offer of the release of our American citizens for a postponement of an exercise? How about if they added that they would stop launching missiles? Ok, if that wasn’t enough how about if they threw in the destruction of a test site? Not enough, how about the return of our POWs?

I mean there’s been previous Presidents give billions for the possibility so why all the heartburn? It simply makes no sense to me.

I've told you where I stand. I think the hostages and troop remains are good things that do nothing to stop or slow down their program. That is what the goal is right? So yes those two things do nothing to get to that goal. They have committed to nothing that can be represented as a step towards denuclearization.

Now tell why you think it's been good so far? What steps are they obligated to take while we are stopping our exercises and our President is stating that he wants to eliminate our troop presence in the region?

I bring up Obama because you mentioned Trump meeting with a thug dictator - like Obama didn't -at least Trump had a good reason to.
A year ago the left was screaming Trumps a war monger.How is that working out?Still see no reason to maintain a strong American presence in South Korea as Japan is close -we still have carriers and the navy in the area at all times.
And yes why not wear Trump glasses -he's done more for this country in a year and a half than most do in two terms

For me I see it completely opposite. I see that the N Koreans have already taking steps in good faith as concessions. Sure we postponed an exercise, but they released three hostages. They also destroyed a test site, stopped launching missiles, and relieved pressure at the DMZ by reaching out to S Korea. Of course that is the known, but like every negotiation, there are things we don’t know. But for a minute ask yourself this. Would you have taking an offer of the release of our American citizens for a postponement of an exercise? How about if they added that they would stop launching missiles? Ok, if that wasn’t enough how about if they threw in the destruction of a test site? Not enough, how about the return of our POWs?

I mean there’s been previous Presidents give billions for the possibility so why all the heartburn? It simply makes no sense to me.

They destroyed nothing that is going to slow down or stop their program. It was a bullshit propaganda production and you know it. And we didn't simply postpone an exercise. We committed to no longer doing them. Please stop misrepresenting that concession. Yes they released prisoners in order to get Trump to the table. How does that impact their nuclear program? It doesn't.

As far as them not launching missles for a few months. You're right. So why didn't Trump at least get a commitment for that hault to continue in exchange for us stopping our exercises?

I’m starting to think it’s just noise.

In other words, if you can’t say something bad, say something bad anyway.

I’m not misrepresenting anything as each is a fact. As for the exercise(s), let me ask you this. Have you ever served in the military and if so did you ever serve in Korea?

They destroyed nothing that is going to slow down or stop their program. It was a bullshit propaganda production and you know it. And we didn't simply postpone an exercise. We committed to no longer doing them. Please stop misrepresenting that concession. Yes they released prisoners in order to get Trump to the table. How does that impact their nuclear program? It doesn't.

As far as them not launching missles for a few months. You're right. So why didn't Trump at least get a commitment for that hault to continue in exchange for us stopping our exercises?

Nice change of direction by bringing up Obama. Shocking that would try that tactic. Haha.

Now back to Trump and North Korea. You said you want the troops out of South Korea. Are you not concerned about China expanding their control and influence in the region if we pull our presence out? You really think that's a good idea? If so, why?
Lou, you normally act like a sharp dude, but in this case you come a cross as a dope who bought into the fake media’s analyses of Trump’s comments. Trump clearly said he would consider removing troops AFTER the denuclearization of NoKo. We aren’t quite there yet and likely will not be until midway through Trumps 2nd term. This was not part of the discussion nor even on the table per Trump. You gotta vet your fake news sources and listen to the source!

Is this what your fakenews tells you? Jim Acosta?

I’m not misrepresenting anything as each is a fact. As for the exercise(s), let me ask you this. Have you ever served in the military and if so did you ever serve in Korea?

Yes I did. I was never stationed in Korea.

Lou, you normally act like a sharp dude, but in this case you come a cross as a dope who bought into the fake media’s analyses of Trump’s comments. Trump clearly said he would consider removing troops AFTER the denuclearization of NoKo. We aren’t quite there yet and likely will not be until midway through Trumps 2nd term. This was not part of the discussion nor even on the table per Trump. You gotta vet your fake news sources and listen to the source!

First of all I get my news from multiple sources in the US and some international. I do my best to obtain multiple points of view and form my own opinion based on the info I get. I think if you ask most reasonable people on this site they will tell you I'm pretty moderate in my views.

As far as when the troops will leave of course it's after denuclearization. Even trump is not that crazy (i hope). I have two points on this. First, why even say he would eventually like to pull them out? It makes no sense. We're not even close to this being a reality. Why put that chip on the table by saying that publicly? Make them make big concessions before even considering that is my view. Secondly, we need that troop presence in that reason to limit China's influence in the future. China trying to expand their power is not fake news. They have been doing it for years and will continue to try. If you think it's no big deal that's fine. You're wrong but certainly entitled to your opinion.

First of all I get my news from multiple sources in the US and some international. I do my best to obtain multiple points of view and form my own opinion based on the info I get. I think if you ask most reasonable people on this site they will tell you I'm pretty moderate in my views.

As far as when the troops will leave of course it's after denuclearization. Even trump is not that crazy (i hope). I have two points on this. First, why even say he would eventually like to pull them out? It makes no sense. We're not even close to this being a reality. Why put that chip on the table by saying that publicly? Make them make big concessions before even considering that is my view. Secondly, we need that troop presence in that reason to limit China's influence in the future. China trying to expand their power is not fake news. They have been doing it for years and will continue to try. If you think it's no big deal that's fine. You're wrong but certainly entitled to your opinion.
His comments aren’t a big deal.

Then I’m sure you’re well aware of the extensive exercise schedule we have throughout our DoD.

Not arguing the exercise schedule throughout the entire department. I'm talking about Korea specifically. But you know that. I know you think it's no big deal. I disagree. We are the US. They are literally in the dark in that country. And we're the ones conceding things before any concessions to move towards denuclearization. Sorry but I don't think it's a little deal. If Obama did this the right would cry treason and you know it.

They exercise constantly and rest assured they are farrrrrrr from being in the dark. As for Barack, it’s like comparing night and day. Barack negotiated from a position of weakness, while President Trump is clearly negotiating from a position of strength.

Not arguing the exercise schedule throughout the entire department. I'm talking about Korea specifically. But you know that. I know you think it's no big deal. I disagree. We are the US. They are literally in the dark in that country. And we're the ones conceding things before any concessions to move towards denuclearization. Sorry but I don't think it's a little deal. If Obama did this the right would cry treason and you know it.

Eventually like to pull them out and pulling them out are 2 different things.

It is a carrot for North Korea too chase.

There are things I would like to eventually do that I might not be able to do for different reasons.

They know that. They’re just irritated with our Presidents success.

Eventually like to pull them out and pulling them out are 2 different things.

It is a carrot for North Korea too chase.

There are things I would like to eventually do that I might not be able to do for different reasons.

They exercise constantly and rest assured they are farrrrrrr from being in the dark. As for Barack, it’s like comparing night and day. Barack negotiated from a position of weakness, while President Trump is clearly negotiating from a position of strength.

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...=#imgdii=1L81GsWuzSvoIM:&imgrc=_CwyI_mVhUaz3M:

See the satellite images of North Korea. They are in the dark. They've improved certain things with this guy but if you think we should be conceding to them then I don't know what to say to that.

As far as your other statement I know that's the company line. If you want to discuss specifics I'd be glad to.

My apologies I thought you were suggesting that our military was in the dark.

As for discussing specifics, which would you like to discuss first. The Iran deal or the N Korean negotiations?

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=dMchW6WdM4GG5wKAspnQBg&q=north+korea+satellite+images&oq=north+korea+sa&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-hp.1.4.0i131j0l4.689.7094..10054...0....179.1975.1j13....3..0....1.......3..41j0i3.gtfEkeYPqis=#imgdii=1L81GsWuzSvoIM:&imgrc=_CwyI_mVhUaz3M:

See the satellite images of North Korea. They are in the dark. They've improved certain things with this guy but if you think we should be conceding to them then I don't know what to say to that.

As far as your other statement I know that's the company line. If you want to discuss specifics I'd be glad to.

My apologies I thought you were suggesting that our military was in the dark.

As for discussing specifics, which would you like to discuss first. The Iran deal or the N Korean negotiations?

Iran. Tell me why it was bad.

Well you guys really haven’t come up with anything else. That is of course other then an exercise which none of you have ever participated in or likely even have a clue what is involved.

Oh please.

It gripes my butt to hear the liberal press criticize Trump on the North Korea summit - how great was Clinton Bush’s and Obama’s plan how did that work out ? The left has no plan - they never have any answers. North Korea had nukes before Trump became POTUS thanks to the last 30 years of us turning a blind eye. The world is a safer place today than it was 500 days ago Trump had great people with him in Singapore- Pompeo, Kelly, Andy Kim were there for a reason

It’s just noise.

It gripes my butt to hear the liberal press criticize Trump on the North Korea summit - how great was Clinton Bush’s and Obama’s plan how did that work out ? The left has no plan - they never have any answers. North Korea had nukes before Trump became POTUS thanks to the last 30 years of us turning a blind eye. The world is a safer place today than it was 500 days ago Trump had great people with him in Singapore- Pompeo, Kelly, Andy Kim were there for a reason

Well you guys really haven’t come up with anything else. That is of course other then an exercise which none of you have ever participated in or likely even have a clue what is involved.

I've participated in numerous both in the US and abroad.

I agree that previous administrations failed on this issue and I give credit to Trump for trying. I just don't think his first meeting went well at all.

Cool, then you know how many prelims are run prior to same and at the various locations involved.

We’ll be fine.

Not in Korea. Egypt, Jordan, and Israel. Of course multiple in the US.

I tell you what, go do a little research on it tonight and we’ll discuss it further tomorrow. That way we won’t have to waste anytime with the minutiae of such things as definitions.

Define pathway.

Cool, then you know how many prelims are run prior to same and at the various locations involved.

We’ll be fine.

I know we'll be fine. Not the point. The point is he gave it up for no progress towards denuclearization. How do you not see that? Haha. On a side note, it really is amazing that people can read the same release and see it so differently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT