ADVERTISEMENT

Manny Takes Responsibility for 4 of the 5 Losses

Tiv

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jul 21, 2002
He has to. Who else is he gonna blame? Certainly not the smart fans that follow the team. He knows that he created a dumpster fire this season and that many fans will never forgive him for losing to FIU.
I wish he coached half as well as he speaks. Here's what he said:

With a chance to review the film, was this a team that was ready to go?

“Obviously we weren’t,” Diaz said. “When you look at the performance, watch the way we played on film and you start to look at trends, what you see really when you step back and look at the season, you start to see this game materializing before. If you point to the bye week, we have not played well coming of the bye, but I think it comes beyond that because we analyzed and changed things a week ago coming off the bye. North Carolina, a team we blew out a year ago, very poor start in that game ultimately cost us the game. Central Michigan which was not off the bye, a supposed lesser opponent, played very poorly. Virginia Tech coming off a bye, they were blown out by Duke before that game, very poor start which cost us the game. Georgia Tech not coming off the bye, where the week before you’re watching them getting blown out by Duke as well. Played very poorly in that game. And then FIU on Saturday. Five occurrences. We just are, and this is what I own because this comes down to myself making sure the little things on those weeks when you are playing a team you are perceived to be better than - and that’s keeping an extra eye on the little things on the practice field and not getting fooled by your team during the week.

Reactions: Mcosculluela
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News