ADVERTISEMENT

Sinema and Manchin

central17

SuperCane
Jan 31, 2005
Will admit I have been pleasantly surprised by how they have held strong to middle ground common sense against the loony left. Hope and pray it continues. I do respect that they are democrats, it is their team. But with them saying no to filibuster changes, that shuts down the progressive wet dreams of federalizing elections, packing the Supreme Court, BBB and so much more. Manchin has told Shumer he wants the Senate to return to a deliberate body that debates issues and finds a consensus that both parties can agree upon. They have held firm against Wackie Nancy's unread 5000 page bad bills being shoved through the House and Senate on party line votes. So will Shumer step back and see where he can find common ground to get 60 votes? Or will he allow the pitch fork progressives to threaten the privacy and health of Manchin and Sinema? Yes, we all know what will happen in November of this year, but that is 9 months away. Will Bernie and AOC go bat shit crazy and have their minions continue to protest Manchin's House boat and Sinema's potty? If so, I would hope Mitch offers a welcome wagon for those two to become Republicans. How awesome would that be:)?.

I respect Manchin. He has been consistent. Sinema, however, is a nut job. She started her political career as a radical leftist. As she ascended the political ladder, she moved Right to get elected in Conservative Arizona. She did, however, maintain her very public position as a bisexual female. That independence cemented her reputation as a ‘maverick” in a state that loved their maverick in Chief, John McCain.

In the Senate, she has developed a reputation as a show pony anxious to be the center of attention. Her refusal to follow Biden has increased her leverage and press coverage. She is very unclear as to her ideology and goals. Rather, she is clear as to what she opposes, eg ending the filibuster, BBB. That’s in clear contrast to Manchin who is consistently clear as to what he supports and wht he opposes.

for me, Sinema is an embarrassment. I’m a Dem, but can’t stand her. Self serving Pol.

I respect Manchin. He has been consistent. Sinema, however, is a nut job. She started her political career as a radical leftist. As she ascended the political ladder, she moved Right to get elected in Conservative Arizona. She did, however, maintain her very public position as a bisexual female. That independence cemented her reputation as a ‘maverick” in a state that loved their maverick in Chief, John McCain.

In the Senate, she has developed a reputation as a show pony anxious to be the center of attention. Her refusal to follow Biden has increased her leverage and press coverage. She is very unclear as to her ideology and goals. Rather, she is clear as to what she opposes, eg ending the filibuster, BBB. That’s in clear contrast to Manchin who is consistently clear as to what he supports and wht he opposes.

for me, Sinema is an embarrassment. I’m a Dem, but can’t stand her. Self serving Pol.
Hello Mr. Cortez,
Always enjoy reading what you have to say and sometimes a sprited debate. Found your vitriol towards Sinema interesting. Is she really a "nut job" or just your team's Susan Collins?

While on the subject of Senators, if you think she has issues, what do you think of some of my favorite democrat Senators?
Bernie - Trump did more to calm Jan 6th than Bernie has done to tell his wackjobs not to harass Manchin and Sinema.
Booker - you said Sinema was a show pony? Cory is the Kentucky Derby.
Blumental - People that lie about their military credentials have no place in the US Senate.
Sherrod Brown - Just a nasty person. Completely partisan
Duckworth - same as Brown.
Feinstein - Why has she not retired. About the same cognitive ability as Biden and completely sold out to China.
Hirono - Just seriously dumb.
Markey - Second dumbest Senator surpassed only by Mazie,
Warnock - Wife beaters have no place in the US Senate
Warren - Such a long list
Are there any of the above list that you are less than fully supportive of.

I would be interested to read your list of the Republican Senators you find most objectionable. Maybe a board debate above the usual Biden-Trump rehash on a slow Friday afternoon?

Last edited:
I don't picture Sinema as an attention whore similar to others in Congress with whom we are familiar . JMO.
How is she an attention whore when she doesn’t do press interviews ?
Both sides have senators who constantly seek air time .
She at least is standing up for a reasonable approach to the filibuster . The majority of democrat senators have previously supported the filibuster, now? They oppose . Lying pieces of shyt. They begged Republicans to keep the filibuster when they were in the minority.

I don't know enough about Sinema but I do know about Manchin. He's an old school Senator who believes there is always a middle ground. I just hope there are one or two Republicans who feel the same about legitimate debate and don't give a damn about far left or right antagonists. By the way, IMHO the dumbest member of the House is AOC and the really dumbest person in all of Washington DC, and possibly in all of the free world, is Markey

I don't know enough about Sinema but I do know about Manchin. He's an old school Senator who believes there is always a middle ground. I just hope there are one or two Republicans who feel the same about legitimate debate and don't give a damn about far left or right antagonists. By the way, IMHO the dumbest member of the House is AOC and the really dumbest person in all of Washington DC, and possibly in all of the free world, is Markey
AOC takes the cake.

So she is no different than other Democrats

My Senator! C'mon man!

Hello Mr. Cortez,
Always enjoy reading what you have to say and sometimes a sprited debate. Found your vitriol towards Sinema interesting. Is she really a "nut job" or just your team's Susan Collins?

While on the subject of Senators, if you think she has issues, what do you think of some of my favorite democrat Senators?
Bernie - Trump did more to calm Jan 6th than Bernie has done to tell his wackjobs not to harass Manchin and Sinema.
Blumental - People that lie about their military credentials have no place in the US Senate.
Sherrod Brown - Just a nasty person. Completerly partisan
Feinstein - Why has she not retired. About the same cognitive ability as Biden and completely sold out to China.

I would be interested to read your list of the Republican Senators you find most objectionable. Maybe a board debate above the usual Biden-Trump rehash on a slow Friday afternoon?
i actually don’t often hate opposing party. Might not agree with them. But, I don’t feel the vitriol you express about the list of Dems you cite above.

But, I don’t respect the Republican Senators and Congressmen who privately deride DJT but are too scared to criticize him. Leader McCarthy takes the cake for hypocrisy as he condemned Trump on Jan 6 and then continues to kiss his ……ring. Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz are in this camp as well. Disgusting lack of integrity.

My hate, however, goes to Sen Ron Johnson of Wisconsin. He denies any criminal behavior at the Capitol on Jan 6. Are you crazy? Are you blind? Total fraud.

i actually don’t often hate opposing party. Might not agree with them. But, I don’t feel the vitriol you express about the list of Dems you cite above.

But, I don’t respect the Republican Senators and Congressmen who privately deride DJT but are too scared to criticize him. Leader McCarthy takes the cake for hypocrisy as he condemned Trump on Jan 6 and then continues to kiss his ……ring. Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz are in this camp as well. Disgusting lack of integrity.

My hate, however, goes to Sen Ron Johnson of Wisconsin. He denies any criminal behavior at the Capitol on Jan 6. Are you crazy? Are you blind? Total fraud.
Interesting Cortez, you say you have no hatred to the opposing party then you rip into 4 by name and by affect 99% of Republicans in Congress. Sorry but no! Romney, Cheney and Kinsinger are not going to be the standard bearers of the Republican party.

I have a feeling we are going to have to disagree on this one, but I will suggest to you that your continued fixation on January 6th is misguided. Do you really believe as democrat James Clyburn said that is was more of a danger to America than 9.11, Pearl Harbor and Nazi Germany? I tend to believe you are smarter than that and are hoping that January 6th can be used as a smokescreen to push through a very bad agenda. Let's not kid ourselves January 6th was no better or worse than most of the BLM-Antifa riots of 2020.

The Senate absolutely matters to the future of America. I will submit that the attempt to eliminate the filibuster and shove through a federalization of elections, contrary to the Constitution, was the true threat to our Country. Take away the States rights, checks and balances provided in that great Constitution and the US is in danger of being just another totalitarian statist dicatorship. There are "elections" in China, Russian and Iran. The people can freely vote for only the candidates the ruling elite allow to be seen on the ballot.

Thank God that we have a Federalist Republic that prevents mob rule. Thank God Sinema and Manchin had the courage to stop the madness.

Last edited:
Reactions: utatem and lysmaryj
Interesting Cortez, you say you have no hatred to the opposing party then you rip into 4 by name and by affect 99% of Republicans in Congress. Sorry but no! Romney, Cheney and Kinsinger are not going to be the standard bearers of the Republican party.

I have a feeling we are going to have to disagree on this one, but I will suggest to you that your continued fixation on January 6th is misguided. Do you really believe as democrat James Clyburn said that is was more of a danger to America than 9.11, Pearl Harbor and Nazi Germany? I tend to believe you are smarter than that and are hoping that January 6th can be used as a smokescreen to push through a very bad agenda. Let's not kid ourselves January 6th was no better or worse than most of the BLM-Antifa riots of 2020.

The Senate absolutely matters to the future of America. I will submit that the attempt to eliminate the filibuster and shove through a federalization of elections, contrary to the Constitution, was the true threat to our Country. Take away the States rights, checks and balances provided in that great Constitution and the US is in danger of being just another totalitarian statist dicatorship. There are "elections" in China, Russian and Iran. The people can freely vote for only the candidates the ruling elite allow to be seen on the ballot.

Thank God that we have a Federalist Republic that prevents mob rule. Thank God Sinema and Manchin had the courage to stop the madness.
No, I don’t think Jan 6 was worse than 911, Pearl Harbor or Nazi Germany.

‘Yes, I I believe Jan 6 was way, way worse than BLF-Antifa violence. Jan 6 sought to attack and reverse our constitutional system of electing presidents. An act of sedition as charged this week against the Oath Keepers. BLF-Antifa violence was to foment violence and mayhem. Bad stuff. But not an attack on the Very heart of our system of government.

Has anyone been charged with insurrection to date? How many?

‘Yes, I I believe Jan 6 was way, way worse than BLF-Antifa violence. Jan 6 sought to attack and reverse our constitutional system of electing presidents. An act of sedition as charged this week against the Oath Keepers. BLF-Antifa violence was to foment violence and mayhem. Bad stuff. But not an attack on the Very heart of our system of government.
An attack without weapons? Non guns?

Cortez,
Thank you for your honest and direct response. We may agree to disagree, but any good debate and learning begins with honest statements of position. I believe we would both agree that there is far too much "word salad" being served in Washington DC by both sides of the aisle.

I don't know how she is an embarrasment or show ponie because I don't follow Arizona politics nor do I see her on TV often and I do watch FOX etc. and try to stay up to date. I do know that she expressed concern for more spending with BBB bill and that she feels that removing the filibuster so 1 party can JAM down the other parties throat legislation. If that were to happen it wouls all but do away with checks, balances, and the notion of working together. I respect that and I bet you plenty of other Democratic Senators felt the same way on BBB and getting rid of filibuster.

Cortez the Republicans warned the Democrats when you put in the "nuclear option" for confirmations exactly what would happen when they held the cards, that they too would employ it and Democrats would be screwed. That is exactly what happened and why Trump got 3 Supreme Court Justices on the bench. Democrats cried but it was their Nuclear Option that screwed them.

In 2022 Republicans are going to have a huge majority in the House and gain back control of the Senate, is that really where you want to be no filibuster> ? Democrats used it OVER 300 times on proposed legislation by Trump administration. Imagine if it wasn't able to be used.

I think she and Manchin have been smart and sensible on these 2 matters.

Reactions: central17
How is she an attention whore when she doesn’t do press interviews ?
Both sides have senators who constantly seek air time .
She at least is standing up for a reasonable approach to the filibuster . The majority of democrat senators have previously supported the filibuster, now? They oppose . Lying pieces of shyt. They begged Republicans to keep the filibuster when they were in the minority.
They instituted the Nuclear Option and we Republicans WARNED them not to do it as we are with the filibuster. Then they cried when we used it.

Hello Mr. Cortez,

Sherrod Brown - Just a nasty person. Completerly partisan

Hirono is at a level all too herself. Every time I hear that person speak I wonder how she could be a US Senator and that list contains some real dummies.

Reactions: grbcane
I don't know how she is an embarrasment or show ponie because I don't follow Arizona politics nor do I see her on TV often and I do watch FOX etc. and try to stay up to date. I do know that she expressed concern for more spending with BBB bill and that she feels that removing the filibuster so 1 party can JAM down the other parties throat legislation. If that were to happen it wouls all but do away with checks, balances, and the notion of working together. I respect that and I bet you plenty of other Democratic Senators felt the same way on BBB and getting rid of filibuster.

Cortez the Republicans warned the Democrats when you put in the "nuclear option" for confirmations exactly what would happen when they held the cards, that they too would employ it and Democrats would be screwed. That is exactly what happened and why Trump got 3 Supreme Court Justices on the bench. Democrats cried but it was their Nuclear Option that screwed them.

In 2022 Republicans are going to have a huge majority in the House and gain back control of the Senate, is that really where you want to be no filibuster> ? Democrats used it OVER 300 times on proposed legislation by Trump administration. Imagine if it wasn't able to be used.

I think she and Manchin have been smart and sensible on these 2 matters.
like you, i don’t support an end to the filibuster rule. I just don’t like or support the Arizona senator.

PS. Speaker McCarthy has the support of only 20% of the public per the WSJ and 26% per Fox. Worse than Nancy in the opinion of the public. She’s at 36 and 37% in those same polls

Can’t find data on credible recent polls on Fauci.

Right wingers now support the filibuster rule but when they get an opportunity, watch out. Dems should shove their shzt up their asses while they have the power. As for Sinema, she will meet her fellow Dems at the polls. She will be a one term senator. Book it!! Manchin is a dead man walking. Republicans will go after him strong and make his wishy, washy ass history as a senator unless he cries Uncle and moves to the other side.

Right wingers now support the filibuster rule but when they get an opportunity, watch out. Dems should shove their shzt up their asses while they have the power. As for Sinema, she will meet her fellow Dems at the polls. She will be a one term senator. Book it!! Manchin is a dead man walking. Republicans will go after him strong and make his wishy, washy ass history as a senator unless he cries Uncle and moves to the other side.
Speaking of uncles, is it fair to say that Uncle Joey has been a complete disaster on any major issue that he's faced so far? Record inflation, record crime and murder in many American cities, record number of illegals crossing our border, and of course the utter incompetence in Afghanistan which led to the deaths of 13 of America's finest as well as the bombing and killing of an innocent family as they were driving along in their vehicle. Wasn't it one of your heroes that said this about Pudding Brain, "Never underestimate Joe's ability to F*** things up?" Who better to know the truth about Joey than the man that shared the White House with him for 8 years? Yeah, I know, Orange Man Bad.

Has anyone been charged with insurrection to date? How many?

An attack without weapons? Non guns?
Try to keep up, Bandit. 10+Oath Keepers with guns were indicted last week on sedition charges. 20 years in the clink if convicted

Reactions: cems52
Speaking of uncles, is it fair to say that Uncle Joey has been a complete disaster on any major issue that he's faced so far? Record inflation, record crime and murder in many American cities, record number of illegals crossing our border, and of course the utter incompetence in Afghanistan which led to the deaths of 13 of America's finest as well as the bombing and killing of an innocent family as they were driving along in their vehicle. Wasn't it one of your heroes that said this about Pudding Brain, "Never underestimate Joe's ability to F*** things up?" Who better to know the truth about Joey than the man that shared the White House with him for 8 years? Yeah, I know, Orange Man Bad.
Yep!! Trump is the worse president....Ever!!!

Your attitude is a perfect example of why there is zero bipartisanship in Congress. Either we agree with you 100% or we bad. Manchin gets it and is a tribute to his party. Too bad his leadership is ridiculed by the left

My window isn’t a public building owned by the people
If only she would have been fighting unarmed with law enforcement when she was shot and killed, they would be screaming bloody murder. Apparently, breaking a window is worse than fighting with police in their eyes.

Reactions: CaneBandit
My window isn’t a public building owned by the people
You're a hypocrite. You call for shooting rioters in big cities but rioters who threatened the VP, Speaker of the House, congressional members, and destroy property, you allow them a free pass. WTF!!!

If only she would have been fighting unarmed with law enforcement when she was shot and killed, they would be screaming bloody murder. Apparently, breaking a window is worse than fighting with police in their eyes.
No, what's worse is when the mob you're a part of threatens to kill members of congress and disrupts the peaceful transfer of power, you're allowed to protect the innocent. Got it now?

Last edited:
Your attitude is a perfect example of why there is zero bipartisanship in Congress. Either we agree with you 100% or we bad. Manchin gets it and is a tribute to his party. Too bad his leadership is ridiculed by the left
Ever wondered why a similar rule doesn't exist in the House? Keep up while I educate you.

No, what's worse is when the mob you're a part of threatens to kill members of congress and disrupt the peaceful transfer of power, you're allowed to protect the innocent. Got it now?
Nope, I'll never get the thought that it's OK to resist and fight with those that are on the front lines keeping our country safe. Take a look at Taliban insurgents in the Afghan Presidential Palace if you want to see what a real insurrection looks like.

Reactions: central17
Nope, I'll never get the thought that it's OK to resist and fight with those that are on the front lines keeping our country safe. Take a look at Taliban insurgents in the Afghan Presidential Palace if you want to see what a real insurrection looks like.
So you agree those insurrectionists got what they deserved? Those policemen were on the frontline protecting Congress and the VP.

Biden, Biden, Biden is all you have about Dems. Besides, isn't Trump the leader of your party? You embarrassed you worship a lying POS?
You're memory is fading nearly as bad as your posting lately. As I've told you many times, I never voted for 45 and hope he never runs again. I hate both parties and always have. Poopy Pants Biden is who is in charge now so of course that's where my focus would be. Are you hoping I would just ignore the shit show in the White House like your MSM does? No dice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT