ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Sam moment was awesome

Yeah just what we need to show our kids .. a big guy making out swapping tongue with a smaller Hispanic dude whose family was very excited about his lover being drafted $$$. It was OK until they started making out like high school kids. Tell the dude to get a life. If it were 't for the fact that he was gay we never would have heard his name .. ever .. for his athletic ability.

Totally executed in poor taste.

Reactions: Dr.L.ThugU
Originally posted by 289fia:
Yeah just what we need to show our kids .. a big guy making out swapping tongue with a smaller Hispanic dude whose family was very excited about his lover being drafted $$$. It was OK until they started making out like high school kids. Tell the dude to get a life. If it were 't for the fact that he was gay we never would have heard his name .. ever .. for his athletic ability.

+1000

How many times do you see a straight guy get drafted and make out with his girlfriend? The ridiculous coverage for a 7th round pick is disgusting. I don't care if he (or anybody else) is gay. If he's gay and happy then good for him. I don't need it shoved in my face and have it made out like he's some great American.

He came out to maximize his income. I mean what other 7th round pick gets endorsement deals before they have even MADE THE TEAM????

If he can play football at an NFL level then great. I don't need to know what he does with his junk or what he does with other guy's junk.

I just can't wait for the first announcer to get fired after saying, "man, did you see how Sam just pounded that tight end!"

Truly disgusting, get a hotel room for you and your heartthrob. I though it was totally disgusting and not news worthy. Keep this nonsense off TV!

UMiamiAlum you need a shovel the head

shovel-head.jpg

Originally posted by 289fia:

agreed, he went above and beyond on the multiple kisses.....but he was the SEC (considered the toughest conference) Defensive Player of the Year.....we knew about him for his athletic ability.

Yeah to hell with that guy for kissing his significant other, more than once, on one of the happiest days in his life.

I know that when I graduated law school, I made sure not to kiss my wife more than once in front of anyone so no one would be uncomfortable.

* I will say that the cake thing was weird, but you can blame ESPN for showing that one.

Originally posted by JTH007:
Originally posted by UMiamiAlum:
Loved seeing how happy that kid was.
It wasn't enough you put this garbage on the MB but now your here with your agenda.

This post was edited on 5/10 9:08 PM by JTH007
one could say the same thing about your posts, amirite?

It was simply to much. They don't understand the over the top ruins what should have been a great moment for him.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by hurricaneshaun:

It wasn't enough you put this garbage on the MB but now your here with your agenda.

No, are you happy for his moment too Shawn ?

I don't spend much time worrying about what football players do outside of 4 hours on Sundays.....so, i applaud any athlete that is deserved of a shot at their lifelong dream.....whether draft or picked up as an UFA. Why are you so mad?

Yeah it was super GAY! I guess that's what America wants now. The funny thing is outside of Sam, is why did the SEC DPOY get drafted so late? They talk that its cool to be gay, but the best player on D in the"best college conference" get drafted in the 7th rd??? That shows me its not ok to be gay or someone explain why is this? Don't give me he's too small bc so is Johnny Football! Don't give me ability, the SEC DPOY... Not a QB who have an all star cast like Gino did...

Does he project more as a Pitcher or a Catcher?

This whole fiasco is exactly the kind of "story" that ESPN loves for ratings. It's controversial.

Can't wait to see if he can play in the NFL. I think he'll be out of the league in 1-2 years if he makes the team.

I don't spend much time worrying about what football players do outside of 4 hours on Sundays.....so, i applaud any athlete that is deserved of a shot at their lifelong dream.....whether draft or picked up as an UFA. Why are you so mad?
Not mad but the pressure and the coverage to draft this guy was sicking. Then you watching a sports show that turns into 2 guys making out. Great draft coverage.

I could see that some people may feel like the media makes too much of it but the homophobia on here is crazy.

Who cares what other people do? They just want to make the best of life like everyone else without fear of being judged or mistreated.

What are you all afraid of?

He should've taken notes from the Pouncey brothers. Moderation is the key

But i agree, if he doesnt come out nobody would've cared. now if he gets cut all the libs will be up and up arms. Just imagine if he went undrafted.

Originally posted by clevelandcane:
Wow! Some of you are really uncomfortable in your own skin. Yikes.
Cleveland. Please. That was some sick shit going on. That was disgusting. And some of the most progressive posters on here thought so too. That was disgusting. It went too far.

It was nice seeing him happy......BUT please don't shove an agenda down our throats every moment.

He is gay....good for him I get it. But too much.

Originally posted by honeyiv:
Didn't even see it, honey, I guess. I just saw a clip of him getting the call and his SO by his side. I don't even care. I just like posting stuff to stir the pot now and again. Call me Gary Junior.

This post was edited on 5/10 10:53 PM by clevelandcane

Originally posted by pilla1313:
Does he project more as a Pitcher or a Catcher?

This whole fiasco is exactly the kind of "story" that ESPN loves for ratings. It's controversial.

Can't wait to see if he can play in the NFL. I think he'll be out of the league in 1-2 years if he makes the team.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
Lol I'm crying you bastard!
roll.r191677.gif

I am sorry but I am not about people glorifying there sexuality if anything I think the guy came out to help his draft status...More evaluators kept saying he just didn't even have the body of work to be drafted its disgusting.

That just wasn't right man... Not right at all... Two grown men doing that... How do explain this crap to your kids???

I have nothing against gays. They are fine by me, disgusting, but fine by me.

The shear ignorance on this thread is hilarious. I agree with Cleveland, he was joyful at being drafted. Big whoop. You idiots who can't take it must really be insecure and uncomfortable in your own skin. Let it go. I'm married with 3 kids. Worked in NYC and L.A. for 12 years so maybe I'm a little more used to it. You'd think you all live in Boston not Miami. Live and let live! He wasn't trying to shove anything down your thought. He was expressing pure joy with his significant other. Deal with it.

The only thing as sure as the sun rising in the morning is the MEAT HEAD brigade getting totally worked up and crazy over anything homosexual. The ignorance and MASSIVE INSECURITY of the Meathead brigade never never never never fails.

The minute I saw the headline, I knew the the homophobic morons would be fired up and out in full force.

Same morons who would have NO problem with if it was John Q Quarterback making out with his plastic, fake tits, fake blond girlfriend ..............THAT would be ok

and Im sure many of these same morons (although they would NEVER admit it or post it) are uncomfortable with a black player making out with his white girlfriend

Originally posted by ParkSlopeDad:
The shear ignorance on this thread is hilarious. I agree with Cleveland, he was joyful at being drafted. Big whoop. You idiots who can't take it must really be insecure and uncomfortable in your own skin. Let it go. I'm married with 3 kids. Worked in NYC and L.A. for 12 years so maybe I'm a little more used to it. You'd think you all live in Boston not Miami. Live and let live! He wasn't trying to shove anything down your thought. He was expressing pure joy with his significant other. Deal with it.
BOSTON !?!?...........that's being VERY generous.

How bout Alabama
How bout Mississippi ??
Or whatever other backwards, backwater, redneck shithole U can think of.

Originally posted by ParkSlopeDad:
Great post.

If the blonde girl and brunette girl at his draft party had started kissing, I am sure every guy in this thread would have given it save until delete status on their DVR.

But a gay man celebrating the biggest moment of his life with his significant other, well that has no place on TV.

Wow dude...agenda much. Threw in race card for good measure. You're an idiot.

blockquote>Originally posted by kerem:

The only thing as sure as the sun rising in the morning is the MEAT HEAD brigade getting totally worked up and crazy over anything homosexual. The ignorance and MASSIVE INSECURITY of the Meathead brigade never never never never fails.

The minute I saw the headline, I knew the the homophobic morons would be fired up and out in full force.

Same morons who would have NO problem with if it was John Q Quarterback making out with his plastic, fake tits, fake blond girlfriend ..............THAT would be ok

and Im sure many of these same morons (although they would NEVER admit it or post it) are uncomfortable with a black player making out with his white girlfriend

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT