ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Sam moment was awesome

I agree many are born gay and dont deserve to be beaten up or discriminated against in most forms of employment

I have agreed with everthing you have said except this. There is no gay gene. In fact in my biology class, my gay male teacher explained that homosexuality is a choice, people manifest feelings of being born gay to use as a justification measure when coming out of the closet. Also as a parent, hearing your child decided to be gay isn't the best thing they want to hear, so it becomes a joint unification to lessen the blow, that either a. They are bad parents and parented in a bad way, which outcasted their child into a mental relapse. or b. To save face as to why their child chose to be gay. Either way it is a choice. With the watering down of the liberal media and "unfounded and biased" fact finding done by liberals to garner media attention, we have been brain washed into social acceptance and tolerance of a lot of things. The truth is, that the bible reflects how we began and how we end. The bible is to coincidental to not be true. There is a lot of detail going on there that either forecasts things to come or tells us how it all ends. Revelations pretty much sums up that the world is unrepairable and it is inevitable for society to crumble. either way, if you believe in the bible and god, you would also believe that god would never create a child in which he classifies as detestable. Since we are all created in his image, it is not plausable or believable that he would contradict himself. With that said, we all have our own trials and tribulations and it is our job as parents to raise our children according to his word. If we managed to do that, then we would not have the government we have, the economic crisis we have and in the end this gay talk would be so miniscule that we would be talking about football instead... AMEN

Originally posted by caneluv20:
It is really embarrassing for so many "Christians" on here to reference God and the bible when you have probably never taken the time to discern what they were actually saying. Unnatural and abomination had different meaning back then when the text was written. Unnatural was also referenced by Paul as him praying. Abomination was also eating crabs, pork, or lobster.

You don't see people protesting outside of Joe's Stone Crabs because of what Leviticus wrote, but you hear them twist the same language for homosexuals.

You speak about the words of God, but all you preach is the words of man.

I hope the next time your wife is menstruating you inform her how dirty she is and force her to sleep in a separate room than you. Then you ca].,n talk about how great of a Christian you are, and how you follow the words of God.

Not factual, god specifically states what he classifies as an abomination in leviticus, proverbs, deuteronomy. nothing about crabs, pork or lobster, sorry my friend, but an easy google search will prove that, if you know nothing about the bible. The bible speaks more about homosexuality being an abomination than anything else, but none of which talks about port and crabs. Eating pig meat is considered unclean, not an abomination. God also references much dislike for homosexuals and adulteres and idolulterers
If we must we must.

Paul uses two words to describe homosexuality (dishonorable and unseemly). Paul also uses dishonorable to reference himself preaching the words of Christ. So he is basically saying that it is not unethical, but against some social norms. Paul sees male to male contact as an impurity or uncleanliness. (aka Abomination)

Back to crabs now. Unclean, impure is abomination. And yes in Leviticus 11: 4-8 references them as unclean. In the same language and words used to describe male on male. So unclean/detestable is the same as abomination meaning male on male is the same as eating these unclean fish and animals.

And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.
[8] Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

18:22[/URL][/B] Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable

You are therefore to make a distinction between the clean animal and the unclean, and between the unclean bird and the clean; and you shall not make yourselves detestable by animal or by bird or by anything that creeps on the ground, which I have separated for you as unclean

The problem is the way MAN chooses to interpret the Bible rather than trying to discern the words and language that is actually being used.

Has anyone looked into the possibility that Sam's little patty cake party on ESPN was Randy's fault?

Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Reactions: Dr.L.ThugU
Andytree.

What you are saying is not true. Paul does not describe it like that. Also Paul is not god he is an apostle. God's word is abomination and detestable. Why would Paul contradict gods word. The Bible flows just like a story. To understand it's true meaning you must start at the beginning of the chapter. Every language has different words. You wouldn't have 1 Greek word that means the same. So your description of what Paul says is not an accurate depiction of what he was saying. That is your explanation to continue this bogus arguement. The Bible is in plain text. Not to be interpreted any other way As I

Andytree.

What you are saying is not true. Paul does not describe it like that. Also Paul is not god he is an apostle. God's word is abomination and detestable. Why would Paul contradict gods word. The Bible flows just like a story. To understand it's true meaning you must start at the beginning of the chapter. Every language has different words. You wouldn't have 1 Greek word that means the same. So your description of what Paul says is not an accurate depiction of what he was saying. That is your explanation to continue this bogus arguement. The Bible is in plain text. Not to be interpreted any other way As I
Here is an excellent article you should read before continuing this discussion considering you have no argument.

http://www.jmm.org.au/articles/23697.htm

I run a Classical Education school that teaches Greek and Latin from age 4 up. I am pretty well versed in both Greek and Latin, and understand translations can be up for interpretation at times.

Guys, don't bring God and The Bible into this. God will judge us all one day, whether gay or straight.
But Sam kissing his boyfriend on live national TV has become so controversial that it was just covered by NBC Evening News with Brian Williams. I never thought I would see that.

Getting in a car dressed in green and orange jerseys and driving to a stadium to watch people you don't know throw balls around and score touchdowns is also pretty "unnatural." Since when is something being natural necessary for it being ok?

Also, you shouldn't talk about how it's unnatural because homosexuals can't reproduce unless you have some comprehension of biology and genetics. Nothing says that an animal has to procreate to preserve his genetics. Preservation of genetics often arises indirectly. Allowing the people in your family or with similar genetics to survive allows for similar but not identical genetics to reach the next generation.

The easiest way to demonstrate this is how worker bees protect their shared genetics with their queen even though they do not procreate. Even though they are not reproducing, their genetic lineage is passed forward.

In fact, in particularly harsh environments, 1:1 coupling and procreation would be a disadvantage. If conditions for survival are extremely difficult, and let's say only 10% of organisms would survive some plague or disaster, a species and lineage will survive these moments in history better if some of its population has a predisposition to not procreate, and help those related to him instead. Evolution is particularly influenced by the survival of organisms in times of great catastrophe when the genetic pool is greatly reduced. People are obviously complex organisms, it's not unreal to assume homosexuality is one of many mechanisms that produce this positive effect.

In terms of genetics, homosexuality is certainly genetically influenced with environmental factors also playing a role. Complex genetic phenotypes can be passed on without a very direct relationship to the expressed phenotypes of parents. It is possible that a gene can be carried, and only expressed in a very small percentage of people. Obviously if homosexuality were 100% hereditary, those members would never have this gene passed on. It is critical for something like homosexuality to be carried by many but expressed by few.

The question should then become, can homosexual behavior help the family and those with similar genetics to reproduce and survive? I'm not sure, there's debate on this. But people should at least understand procreation of the actual organism is not necessary for survival of genetic lineages.

This post was edited on 5/12 7:25 PM by BillyZdon

All this talk about leberals and conservatives....where does that leave us libertarians?

I accept that some of our people are gay. I'm not sure if their born that way but thats irrelavant...as I'm sure they are born with the feelings they have though. Argue that they still can make a choice not to engauge in homosexual activity and to refrain but any attempt to deny the fact that some people are born with those feelings are stupid at best.

But one thing I wonder about, who cares? I've read some of the most stupidish shit on this thread. Some talking about the decay of our country because of homosexual behavor. Governments interference with regard to a marriage and its tax incentive. Comparing humans to other animals (jesus people). Let me tell you some of morons something. Our decay in society has NOTHING to do with one's sexual preference. How many drunks, rapist, child molesters, thieves, murderer's, liars, cheaters and lazy ass entitlers..... are gay? I'd say about the same as the general population. A broken marriage has EVERYTHING to do with one or both participants. Tax incentives to stay married is about as much as a cure as gas is to put out a goddam fire.

I think all liberals and conservatives need an ass whooping. A major problem with the world.....as stated above is man's interpretation of the bible....and who really knows what's in it is true? Your faith lends you to believe, but that does not mean it so.

I'm a libertarian, I don't care what someone does in their private life. None of my fuking business. Don't bring hurt to someone while being yourself and just live life. Thats it. That simple.

Lets fix our roads, protect our borders, get rid of entitlement in this country. Live within our means. Accept responsability for our actions....and sometimes inactions. Let two consenting adults have at it in their own privacy. On a scale of 1 to 10, the worlds problems (and mainly this country) and how being gay relates to the cause of those problems, are about .02

Can we argue about something else with real merit to our problems?

But if you want to debate it here fine too.

A lot of wannabe scholars on here. Here's reality: unless you speak ancient Aramaic, you cant tell me what the bible does and does not say; you can only tell me what your particular brand of the bible wants you to believe. This thread has a bunch of lemmings, a bunch of intellectual midgets, and a few, intelligent, progressive people on it.

I wonder if the NFL offered/gave the Rams a compensatory pick in next year's draft to select Sam for the ratings?

Originally posted by 239to904Cane:
I wonder if the NFL offered/gave the Rams a compensatory pick in next year's draft to select Sam for the ratings?
That would be fraud.

Seriously. The NFL can be a great forum and platform. I only hope that outside of the initial sensationalism, this player is not treated differently (negatively) or preferentially (advantages). This would be the best way to promote acceptance and help end discrimination.

This post was edited on 5/13 2:05 PM by Joetoth

This post was edited on 5/13 2:21 PM by Joetoth

Re: Michael Sam moment was awesome[/URL]Joetoth posted on 5/13/2014...

Seriously. The NFL can be a great forum and platform. I only hope that outside of the initial sensationalism, this player is not treated differently (negatively) or preferentially (advantages). This would be the best way to promote acceptance and help end discrimination.

I am not a fan of the word acceptance. You don't have to accept something and you can still be a nice human being to someone. I don't think anyone should accept anything that is wrong to them. With that being said, you shouldn't hate someone. Everyone should accept another person's beliefs. Where it gets sketchy is the hate part. I do not accept or condone homosexuality or will I ever, but at the same time, I do not hate anyone who chooses that life style

Re: Michael Sam moment was awesome[/URL]Joetoth posted on 5/13/2014...

I am not a fan of the word acceptance. You don't have to accept something and you can still be a nice human being to someone. I don't think anyone should accept anything that is wrong to them. With that being said, you shouldn't hate someone. Everyone should accept another person's beliefs. Where it gets sketchy is the hate part. I do not accept or condone homosexuality or will I ever, but at the same time, I do not hate anyone who chooses that life style
Caneluv,

I don't care if you accept them or hate them or love them. I just don't think how you feel or what you believe should impede their ability to pursue happiness.

Which is to say that the 4 pages of discussion on this is totally irrelevant. A free man kissed his boyfriend on tv, freely and without being jailed, which many of you may remember, used to be how it worked.

Caneluv,

I don't care if you accept them or hate them or love them. I just don't think how you feel or what you believe should impede their ability to pursue happiness.

Which is to say that the 4 pages of discussion on this is totally irrelevant. A free man kissed his boyfriend on tv, freely and without being jailed, which many of you may remember, used to be how it worked.

Im not going to agree or disagree, I wasn't one of the people that was all up in arms about it, why? because i turned it off. It's that simple, I just don't watch it or have my kids watch it. So you will hear no arguement from me about impeding anything. Power button and channel up or down is a very easy to use function

Caneluv,

Im not going to agree or disagree, I wasn't one of the people that was all up in arms about it, why? because i turned it off. It's that simple, I just don't watch it or have my kids watch it. So you will hear no arguement from me about impeding anything. Power button and channel up or down is a very easy to use function
Cool.

Originally posted by tonyhurricane:
I have to agree "USMC"! I don't believe one elects to be gay, rather, you are born that way. I personally have zero problem with a person bring gay, we are all God's children. However, I did not see any reason to show the segment on national television of both men kissing. That was over and above. I wish him well in the NFL and devoid of any negativity going forward.
you are not "born that way"; it is behavior; just look at prisons and all of the same sex behavior going on there;

Most people...wait. Sorry....ALL GAY PEOPLE that I know have said they have always known they were gay. They were just trying not to express themselves and conform to so called normal society. There is no need once you are in prison.

We are quoting bible versus now? Oh boy..that is the beginning of the end.

Not a good idea.

Almost every known species has homosexuality.

Originally posted by cdwright40:

Most people...wait. Sorry....ALL GAY PEOPLE that I know have said they have always known they were gay. They were just trying not to express themselves and conform to so called normal society. There is no need once you are in prison.

We are quoting bible versus now? Oh boy..that is the beginning of the end.

Not a good idea.

Almost every known species has homosexuality.
I guess I kind of think that your points here actually make more a point for behavior. I doubt very much about the "all gay people" point. The point of prison, or any other similar scenario, is that you put people together, and things happen. If almost every known species has that behavior, I'm waiting for the same sex coupling gene to be isolated and sequenced. Sorry, but that won't be happening. Why are women pretty? To attract males. If men were prettier, something tells me that there would be a lot more of that behavior going on.

Probably because a man is attracted to a woman? Like a woman is attracted a man? Apparently there are some exceptions...lol

Originally posted by cdwright40:

Probably because a man is attracted to a woman? Like a woman is attracted a man? Apparently there are some exceptions...lol
I think both sexes would agree that the female is the prettier sex...lol

Originally posted by clave32:
Originally posted by tonyhurricane:
I have to agree "USMC"! I don't believe one elects to be gay, rather, you are born that way. I personally have zero problem with a person bring gay, we are all God's children. However, I did not see any reason to show the segment on national television of both men kissing. That was over and above. I wish him well in the NFL and devoid of any negativity going forward.
you are not "born that way"; it is behavior; just look at prisons and all of the same sex behavior going on there;
Lots of consensual homosexual behavior, too, I'm sure.

Call me old fashioned but I think it was disgusting and has no business on TV. Good for him he got drafted but I don't need to see him make out with his boyfriend on every sports show on TV. If the media wants to make this a big deal then they are going to have to accept the fact that not everyone is cool with this and deal with the comments of people who find this repulsive.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT