ADVERTISEMENT

The Covid variants nonsense

Misinformation and hasn’t been proven. My wife’s Uncle owns a clinic here in Nashville and i specifically asked him about that. He stated there has been some discussion about it as a possibility in rare reinfections but looking at the overall data it suggest reinfections were false positives to begin with and not COVID.

wrong. Reinfections can occur with variants quite easily. Happening in South Africa and Brazil pretty clearly.

Reactions: zackbear and Raoul2
wrong. Reinfections can occur with variants quite easily. Happening in South Africa and Brazil pretty clearly.

Hey scooter, you posting a Reuters article doesn’t prove shit! I work with people from fema and EMA every week. Having a. Medical clinic owner and PA in the family serves significantly more credibility than that article. Don’t bother responding!

Hey scooter, you posting a Reuters article doesn’t prove shit! I work with people from fema and EMA every week. Having a. Medical clinic owner and PA in the family serves significantly more credibility than that article. Don’t bother responding!

my sister is the chief medical officer for a group of clinics in Georgia. She spends half the day when not on the clinic floor being on phone calls and meetings with local, state, and federal officials on this type of information. I too am in the healthcare field and I know how to comprehend scientific data fairly decently.....

you’re getting bad info

Reactions: Raoul2
my sister is the chief medical officer for a group of clinics in Georgia. She spends half the day when not on the clinic floor being on phone calls and meetings with local, state, and federal officials on this type of information. I too am in the healthcare field and I know how to comprehend scientific data fairly decently.....

you’re getting bad info
Yet you posted a Reuters article. Lmfao provide me with a case study. You won’t and can’t because there isn’t one. Stop you mindless drone!

The durability of neutralizing antibodies (NAbs, primarily IgG) against SARS-CoV-2 has yet to be defined; persistence up to 40 days from symptom onset has been described.1 Duration of antibody responses against other human coronaviruses may be relevant in this context. For example, following infection with SARS-CoV-1 (the virus that caused SARS), concentrations of IgG remained high for approximately 4 to 5 months before subsequently declining slowly during the next 2 to 3 years.4 Similarly, NAbs following infection with MERS-CoV (the virus that caused Middle East respiratory syndrome) have persisted up to 34 months in recovered patients.5

Yet you posted a Reuters article. Lmfao provide me with a case study. You won’t and can’t because there isn’t one. Stop you mindless drone!

The durability of neutralizing antibodies (NAbs, primarily IgG) against SARS-CoV-2 has yet to be defined; persistence up to 40 days from symptom onset has been described.1 Duration of antibody responses against other human coronaviruses may be relevant in this context. For example, following infection with SARS-CoV-1 (the virus that caused SARS), concentrations of IgG remained high for approximately 4 to 5 months before subsequently declining slowly during the next 2 to 3 years.4 Similarly, NAbs following infection with MERS-CoV (the virus that caused Middle East respiratory syndrome) have persisted up to 34 months in recovered patients.5

Ok. This is reviewing a completely different disease. Nothing in regards to Covid 19 has been reviewed for 2-3 years. This is a completely new disease.... I have no idea why you think this is relevant.

all early signs point to 90 days then the decline. Nothing studied has shown anything different

Ok. This is reviewing a completely different disease. Nothing in regards to Covid 19 has been reviewed for 2-3 years. This is a completely new disease.... I have no idea why you think this is relevant.

all early signs point to 90 days then the decline. Nothing studied has shown anything different

So which is it Scooter? Stop the bullshit!

lol. What do you mean which is it. The article you posted is of the wrong virus! The article you posted is legit. Just not for this virus. Which makes it irrelevant to this discussion.
No you posted a definitive statement that the virus reinfected and then stated in the next statement there wasn’t an actual study (which is what I stated.). You talk out both sides of your Mouth

No you posted a definitive statement that the virus reinfected and then stated in the next statement there wasn’t an actual study (which is what I stated.). You talk out both sides of your Mouth

this is where reading comprehension is key. The virus (Covid 19) does reinfect. It’s been seen in the population. Especially the new variants. People who have been diagnosed with Covid 19 get reinfected by the new variants.

What you posted is true but it was not in regards to Covid 19. It was in regards to MERS, which is a different SARS strain than Covid19. Covid 19 has been and is being studied but no one has 2-3 years worth of data on it because it was discovered around October of 2019. Which is why it’s called Covid 19. The 19 stands for the year it was discovered.

this is SARS Covid 2, not SARS Covid 1

The Reuters article posted links to two studies. Did you read them to actually see if the scientific data supports your anecdotal interactions with your friends at FEMA ?

The Reuters article posted links to two studies. Did you read them to actually see if the scientific data supports your anecdotal interactions with your friends at FEMA ?
Here’s an anecdote for you... there was literally one quote from an ongoing study that isn’t even finished yet in that whole article. Everything else, like most media nowadays, was opinion. Of course you were counting on nobody actually reading the article and debating it’s actual value. Half truths are whole lies Raoul.

Here’s an anecdote for you... there was literally one quote from an ongoing study that isn’t even finished yet in that whole article. Everything else, like most media nowadays, was opinion. Of course you were counting on nobody actually reading the article and debating it’s actual value. Half truths are whole lies Raoul.

I’m counting on you not reading it since you casually dismissed it and apparently still don’t see the two links to the studies they cited. If you click on them you can read the entire research. Now, you were saying…?

I’m counting on you not reading it since you casually dismissed it and apparently still don’t see the two links to the studies they cited. If you click on them you can read the entire research. Now, you were saying…?
I quoted the part that says “ongoing.” Maybe your retarded ass missed it

I quoted the part that says “ongoing.” Maybe your retarded ass missed it

Ongoing research is still perfectly valid research - unless of course you are attempting to perpetually move the goalposts because you never had any intention of taking any research seriously because your mind is already made.

Ongoing research is still perfectly valid research - unless of course you are attempting to perpetually move the goalposts because you never had any intention of taking any research seriously because your mind is already made.
It’s unfinished work you twit... hence my original statement. There isn’t a case study out there that says what Duece said it says. It’s a lie. Now you come in here playing Captain Save-a-Hoe!

a) nobody could have handled it perfectly

Not the issue. The fact is this could have been handled much much better by a long shot. His lack of public service and/or experience working in government was obviously a huge disservice to the nation.

b) he took the RISK to devote billions not knowing whether a vaccine would ever be discovered

This was no risk. He had no choice but to invest in a vaccine. What do you think would be his alternative here during a world pandemic? Not investing in a vaccine?

c) Trump would have done better if he kept his mouth shut more.

Knowing when to keep your mouth shut and when to lead are paramount to the job. Not knowing this means you don't know your job. Promoting an anti Asian narrative was and is dangerous coming from that podium. Hundreds of millions of people listen to what he says so when he walks around with these racist comments people pick on up it.
Get real! It could not have been handled much better, with the exception of NY and NJ.

Open your eyes.

He should have kept quiet. But he was only saying what Fauci said which was that it was not going to be a threat and masks dont work. GO back and watch the statements.

Get real! It could not have been handled much better, with the exception of NY and NJ.

Open your eyes.

He should have kept quiet. But he was only saying what Fauci said which was that it was not going to be a threat and masks dont work. GO back and watch the statements.
Fauci never said this would be no threat....and no he should not have kept quiet. It cost lives..oh and I have watched. I believe he said this was nothing to worry about. He said we would go from 15 cases to zero in no time and it was a press hoax did he not? You can keep defending this POS. I won't.

That what ongoing does...when the studies are complete then talk..until then I will go by what my body says and what I have been through...not what someone else wants me to believe

Reactions: krvanness
I call bull shyt on this variant nonsense. The UK variant? Spreads faster? More dangerous? Weird because the cases in UK are at their lowest level in almost a year and have been declining for months. More fear, more control, more BS.
Why is it racist to call it the China virus, but not racist to call it the UK variant of South African variant? I guess the election is over?

Why is it racist to call it the China virus, but not racist to call it the UK variant of South African variant? I guess the election is over?

Come on Cane. The contempt for the label was the assignment of fault. It was the implication that Chinese people were responsible for the virus. It was amplified by BS conspiracy theories about Chinese labs targeting the virus at the West. It was amplified by racist rhetoric like Kung Flu.

Dont obfuscate, don't do that. no one is claiming South Africans or UK created a variant, no one is assigning culpability to a nation full of people.

Whether you agree or disagree with the causality asking What's the difference is not an honest question.

Come on Cane. The contempt for the label was the assignment of fault. It was the implication that Chinese people were responsible for the virus. It was amplified by BS conspiracy theories about Chinese labs targeting the virus at the West. It was amplified by racist rhetoric like Kung Flu.

Dont obfuscate, don't do that. no one is claiming South Africans or UK created a variant, no one is assigning culpability to a nation full of people.

Whether you agree or disagree with the causality asking What's the difference is not an honest question.
Be honest, viruses and flu are often named from their origin, prevalence, or where first reported. Not always, but often. Don’t get too woke on us.

Be honest, viruses and flu are often named from their origin, prevalence, or where first reported. Not always, but often. Don’t get too woke on us.
No disagreement. usually its where the biggest outbreak happens (Spanish flu).

Rarely if ever are the people mocked or blamed for the disease. That's why this was racist. They weren't saying hey a virus made the jump from animal to human in China. They were saying Chinese labs engineered it, or Chinese wet markets are disgusting because Chinese eat bats, or any number of other racist things.

Why act like you don't understand that?

Why pretend that this is wokeness?

natural immunity starts to decrease after 90 days and no one knows how long it last. The vaccines boost your immune system 10x more antibodies than natural immunity.

Clown post. NIH says otherwise, but thank god for you and your sister spreading misinformation.

“The immune systems of more than 95% of people who recovered from COVID-19 had durable memories of the virus up to eight months after infection”

Common cold and other seasonal coronavirus also provide levels of immunity.

@CashvilleCane1 these fools don’t understand the difference between antibodies and t-cells. They’re idiots.

“and activation capability of the SARS-CoV-2 memory T cell pools of a large cohort of recovered COVID-19 patients, close contacts, and unexposed healthy individuals. Our results showed that the COVID-19 patients and close contacts developed SARS-CoV-2-specific T-cell immune memory. In addition, comparable levels of SARS-CoV-2-specific memory T cells were detected in the samples of asymptomatic and symptomatic COVID-19 patients.”

Another clown post. This article didn’t document one single re-infection. Instead it is filled with garbage you anti-science types post.

“likely able to re-infect”....”new data suggests”
“Suggests that re-infection could occur”

more garbage “studies” that have no real world application as they couldn’t find one actual re-infection to highlight.

Neither South Africa nor Brazil have a robust vaccination program in place
As of March 19 South Africa has vaccinated .31% of their population
Brazil as of March 21 under 2%
Research man

No disagreement. usually its where the biggest outbreak happens (Spanish flu).

Rarely if ever are the people mocked or blamed for the disease. That's why this was racist. They weren't saying hey a virus made the jump from animal to human in China. They were saying Chinese labs engineered it, or Chinese wet markets are disgusting because Chinese eat bats, or any number of other racist things.

Why act like you don't understand that?

Why pretend that this is wokeness?
Hardly racist calling it the China Virus. Biden giving the eulogy for the grand clansman is racist.

Neither South Africa nor Brazil have a robust vaccination program in place
As of March 19 South Africa has vaccinated .31% of their population
Brazil as of March 21 under 2%
Research man

whats the point of this? Many of the clinical trials happened in those countries. Vaccine makers tested their vaccines in those countries and some of the vaccines had reduced efficacy rate against those variants. Those variants were found back in sept and October and predated any vaccine roll out.

Very few countries have vaccinated many of its citizens. Israel is one of the very few countries that has been able to do so. the European Union has only vaccinated 4% of its population. Canada just started vaccinating this month. Mexico doesn’t have many vaccines which is why we just decided to “loan” them vaccines.

I’m not even trying to be a jerk or anything but many of you don’t know what you are talking about. You’ve heard or read a lot of misleading information and the more I read some of your responses it’s clear some of you do not have a grasp on science or how to interpret scientific data.

whats the point of this? Many of the clinical trials happened in those countries. Vaccine makers tested their vaccines in those countries and some of the vaccines had reduced efficacy rate against those variants. Those variants were found back in sept and October and predated any vaccine roll out.

Very few countries have vaccinated many of its citizens. Israel is one of the very few countries that has been able to do so. the European Union has only vaccinated 4% of its population. Canada just started vaccinating this month. Mexico doesn’t have many vaccines which is why we just decided to “loan” them vaccines.

I’m not even trying to be a jerk or anything but many of you don’t know what you are talking about. You’ve heard or read a lot of misleading information and the more I read some of your responses it’s clear some of you do not have a grasp on science or how to interpret scientific data.

says the person who ignores posts which provide direct refute of their points while continuing to spout non-sense. Typical of the ani-science crowd to ignore anything that hurts their talking points.

...Biden giving the eulogy for the grand clansman is racist.
Are you pandering to the worst of folks in this board or have you really slipped off the deep end? Let me know because I take your posts seriously with respect and I need to know if I should just be dismissive of them.

You know some of the more simple folks on this board will repeat that statement as a truth and you also know you don’t agree with it.

^^^^^^^Thought Trump would win in a landslide cuz he saw a lot of yard signs in his neighborhood.

Clown post. NIH says otherwise, but thank god for you and your sister spreading misinformation.

“The immune systems of more than 95% of people who recovered from COVID-19 had durable memories of the virus up to eight months after infection”

Common cold and other seasonal coronavirus also provide levels of immunity.

@CashvilleCane1 these fools don’t understand the difference between antibodies and t-cells. They’re idiots.

“and activation capability of the SARS-CoV-2 memory T cell pools of a large cohort of recovered COVID-19 patients, close contacts, and unexposed healthy individuals. Our results showed that the COVID-19 patients and close contacts developed SARS-CoV-2-specific T-cell immune memory. In addition, comparable levels of SARS-CoV-2-specific memory T cells were detected in the samples of asymptomatic and symptomatic COVID-19 patients.”

ok. Let dismantle this for you and your lack of reading comphrehension.

the fact that your immune system recognize the original (wild type) Covid strain it doesn’t mean it will protect you forever. The number of cells that remember diminishes over time. That means after a period of time there become less. T cells help to create antibodies. The antibodies actually do the work. T cells are like generals sorta speak. They tell the antibodies what to do. The antibodies actually protect you. So when they say 95% of people have T cells that means they have some cells with memory on how to fight a disease. But in the study they said that over time the T cells dwindled with time. And you have to have a high number of T cells to create a large number of antibodies to fight off an infection. If there are not enough soldiers, even tho they know how to fight the enemy they will eventually get overwhelmed. So even if there are some T cells who recognize the disease there’s strong likelihood that there will not be enough to fight it off. That’s why having a lot of antibodies matters. And no one knows how long they hang around naturally after you are infected. Data right now says 90 days then they start to dwindle. Some stay around longer for some folks but it varies in many especially if you are immunocompromised (like having diabetes, cancer, or aids).

money line right here in the study:

the antibody production of asymptomatic individuals is lower than that of symptomatic individuals. This observation is consistent with the findings that there is a rapid decay of anti-SARS-CoV-2 antibodies and IgG antibodies in asymptomatic patients24.

The study showed that the T cells and antibodies while they remain steady for 48-86 days they rapidly leave after that especially in people who had a symptomatic Covid and people who have asymptomatic Covid produce less of those 2 cells which makes you even more susceptible to reinfection in the future because you have less soldiers to fight over time.

What the vaccines do is increase the amount of antibodies (more soldiers) that are produced by natural infection ESPECIALLY in those folks that had asymptomatic Covid which have less amount of tcells that recognize the disease and antibodies that fight the disease. The vaccines produce 10 fold the amount of antibodies that your body can create.

So if you’re exposed to Covid by someone like a family member who has a large dose of Covid you have many more soldiers there to fight therefore defeating the virus before it can even get going.

variants are dangerous because even if you’ve previously been exposed to Covid the body doesn’t recognize the mutation and doesn’t attack it as if it were the original (wild type) Covid strain.

so yes the article you posted is factual however you COMPLETELY misinterpreted what it meant and therefore you are COMPLETELY WRONG AND MISINFORMED!

I don’t know if I can break it down further for you, if you struggle to understand read what I wrote again and this statement here supports what I said about the 90 days

Despite some subtle differences, most patients developed measurable amounts of SARS-CoV-2-specific CD4+ and CD8+memory T cells which were stably maintained between 48–86 days after convalescence.

Now crawl back into the hole you came from....

Misinformation and hasn’t been proven. My wife’s Uncle owns a clinic here in Nashville and i specifically asked him about that. He stated there has been some discussion about it as a possibility in rare reinfections but looking at the overall data it suggest reinfections were false positives to begin with and not COVID.

Cash,

Didn’t our own QB, TVD, say in his video interview just last week that he contracted Covid 19 twice last year?

Cash,

Didn’t our own QB, TVD, say in his video interview just last week that he contracted Covid 19 twice last year?
Never saw that video so I have no idea but there’s a ton of people with the whole “I got really sick two months ago and am pretty sure I had COVID” schtick! I got it back in September and have been around a ton of other who have had it and have not been reinfected. The thought is leaning towards misdiagnosis due false positives. In the initial testing phases the the test sucked and were giving off around a 50% false positive rate. Obviously as we have learned more the test have been improved and we are getting more accurate results now but this may have something to do with it.

Never saw that video so I have no idea but there’s a ton of people with the whole “I got really sick two months ago and am pretty sure I had COVID” schtick! I got it back in September and have been around a ton of other who have had it and have not been reinfected. The thought is leaning towards misdiagnosis due false positives. In the initial testing phases the the test sucked and were giving off around a 50% false positive rate. Obviously as we have learned more the test have been improved and we are getting more accurate results now but this may have something to do with it.

The TVD interview was posted on this site last week.

You really truly believe Biden motivated more people to vote than Obama??? Come on lol... the guy is a total dud.
I have three family members that voted for Biden that did not bother to vote for Obama.

Trump motivated a lot of folks to vote against him. GA senate was all about Trump. I pray he’s relevant in 2022, they’ll stay motivated and capture wider leads, hopefully ditch him by 2024 and we can have a general with two candidates that I’m torn over rather than one who motivated me to vote against himrather than for the other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT